GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Askold's WH foreign volunteer collection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Askold View Post
    Two small additions to the volunteer collection:

1. Patch worn by POA members in Luftwaffe and later by KONR Airforce. Identical in construction to the POA army patch, but with the blue cloth used instead of green. A very rare item, I am only aware of one more such patch in another collection.

2. General Gouvernment postal cufftitle - used by Ukrainian and Polish "Deutsche Post Osten" workers and mailman in the General Gouvernment. Unlike GG police cufftitle, which is bevo, this one is embroidered. On the photo, the fellow on the left is wearing such cuff.

helo
    i have one cuff title GG like yours,i have no use for that,do you know value for one of this?

Comment

They don't come up too often, but the price can be anywhere between 160 - 300$

Comment

Wow, nice piece. Have not seen such GG for sale before.!

You have an most impressive collection Askold.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Hi Askold that is a very nice POA and GG cuffband congrats.

Rene Chavez
            www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

What is this patch? Interesting variant.

Comment

Thank you Rene!

Saulius:

From what I know, this type of shield was produced just before the war or early in the war. I am not sure if it was intended for military use, but I did saw a worn shield like this, which would make me believe that some volunteers did get their hands on these shields.

Comment

Picked up a small bit of Schuma insignia over the years:

Comment

Hello,

Very beautiful group Schuma

Cordial greetings.

Polux

Comment

Thank you Polux! Still need to find the pink shield and green boards.

Comment

A small update:

Georgian volunteers, the photo was given to me by a georgian friend of mine, who's grandfather was a volunteer, the photo shows the German officers from the legion.

Also would like to include a nice proof of metal volunteer cockade in wear. This is a video still from a very interesting video of Georgian legion as they defected to the Danish side:

Small photo album from German officer who trained Ukrainian SS volunteers,. The album also has diary like dates and drawings from the training exercise:

Last edited by Askold; 11-30-2012, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Hello, what a nice collection. My favorites follows :
                          Originally posted by nakta View Post
                          Bravo, A+, Pierre

Comment

What a great collection! I love the variety of volunteer insignia. Here is most of my volunteer collection. The blue pullover tunic for Eastern Volunteers and the field Grey cherkeska are ex Bob Hritz collection. Both items came directly from a US Army Vet. The officers tunic with Don Cossack patch came from George Petersens collection.

I'm still working on my insignia display. I just bought the special breast winged swastika and hope to add a Terek Cossack patch this year.

Jim
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Pierre!

Jim:

Wonderful items, I love the uniforms and your cossack tabs! Is it possible to see a close up of the boards on your cherkesska?

Also, where did you get your cockade from? I don't think I've seen this type before.

Comment

Here is a better picture of the boards.

As for the cockade it came with a grouping of Russian items from the Ruptured Duck. I'm not 100% positive what its for. Jim

Originally posted by Askold View Post
                                Thank you Pierre!

Jim:

Wonderful items, I love the uniforms and your cossack tabs! Is it possible to see a close up of the boards on your cherkesska?

Also, where did you get your cockade from? I don't think I've seen this type before.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X