BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Askold's WH foreign volunteer collection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice Askold! I like the Belorussian pieces and that oval Ukrainian cockcade. Even the postwar Galician stuff is very hard to find!! Really nice!

Photo #2,,is that the medal for rebuilding the Ukrainian state??

Comment

Very nice!

I would like to see better shots of the front and reverse of the machine embroidered Galacian sleeve shield.

Bob hritz
      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Thank you for the warm comments guys and especially big thanks for Rhie for posting them!

Gaspare:
        That cockade is one of my favorite items. I also seen an officer version, but its nearly impossible to find.

Bob:
        I'll make some pics of the shiled.

Comment

Great collection, thanks for sharing

Comment

Here you go Bob...The reverse side of the Galician shield.

Rhie

Comment

a splendid collection, thank you Askold for having shown us it . Thanks Rhie. ...but now I have to confess, i love Mr. Askold.....

....Please what is written, and there are illustrations, in the book of Ukrainian Flak helpers?

many tanks cosimo

Comment

......to what units belonged the Ukrainian in KM ?

many thank
                cosimo

Comment

Nice collection!

Maybe a silly question but what kind of armband is that on post # 10?

Cheers,

Kurt

Comment

Km

It appears that the man belonged to a coastal artillery unit. His unit should be listed in his soldbuch. Can't see the emblem on the shoulderstrap clear enough to see if it is a winged shell or crossed anchors. If winged shell he is member of a gun crew, if crossed anchors could be a signaler, or other trade

Comment

Thanks again for all the comments, I really appreciate them!

Cosimo: I knew you would love the pics The Ukrainian Flak helpers book is written by their former commander and contains some photos of Ukrainian and Latvian youth, also shows all the insignia and armbands worn by them.

Kurt Meyer: The armband is supposibly the second variation of the armbands used by Latvian flak helpers.

Pnzrwest: Good guess. He served with a 2nd company of 3rd Marine artillery Abteilung.

Comment

Very Impressive Display....
                        I like!

High Five.

John

Comment

Maximum respect. An amazing collection. Congratulations!!!

Gruß

Werra

Comment

Originally posted by nakta View Post
                            Beautiful

Comment

Thanks a lot guys, it really means to me to hear this from fellow collectors

Comment

Very nice indeed. Many seldom seen items represented.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X