MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Askold's WH foreign volunteer collection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up some missing insignia and was able to make three more frames:

Turkistan and Volga Tartars. Note a rare printed variation of the second version of the Idel-Ural shield on the left:

Russian volunteers

Hiwi's and Osttruppen

Comment

awesome collection Askold ! From an old friend Herr !!!!

Comment

Awesome !

Awesome !
        Yes, I'll 2nd that (!)

CONGRATS Roman on completing 3 more of your 'magic boxes' of WH Foreign Volunteers.

Your focus and persistence in this specialized area brings enlightenment, and a whole
        new appreciation of these diverse units. I applaud 'Special Area' collectors like you, and
        Saulius and others, who educate us with items & information which is either Not found
        in reference books, or is not explained completely.

Keep up the GREAT Collecting! ... Dave / dblmed

Comment

The granddaughter of the vet had these. Does anyone know which units accepted the surrender of the Turkistan volunteers?

Bob Hritz
          Attached Files
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Got this photo of YBB volunteer with 562 Kraftfahr Abteilung. Its from 1943, so he's missing some insignias, by 1944 the volunteers wore blue-yellow cockades and yellow collar tabs.

P.S. Note the numbered regimental buttons on his tunic and the rare variant of blue-yellow arm shield, divided vertically (very unusual, as such shields usually had colors displayed diagonally or horizontally y)

Comment

A new addition to my collection - armband for Ukrainian Flak helpers. I only know of two more of such armbands in collections and this was the first time in about 8 years that I've seen on sale

Comment

Interesting Flakhelper photo. This is from a burrial of Ukr. flakhelper in Karinthia, Austria. Note that one of them is wearing Dot-44 camo:

Comment

Great hard to find piece! Congrats Askold...

Comment

Congratulations!
                    This is a great addition to your collection.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys! Always on a lookout for more volunteer items

Comment

Great collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Askold View Post
                          A new addition to my collection - armband for Ukrainian Flak helpers. I only know of two more of such armbands in collections and this was the first time in about 8 years that I've seen on sale

Askold, you have a terrific collection. Thank you so much for sharing.

However, I cannot see the photos on your last two postings (those posted on 8/11/11). I wonder if anyone else's experiencing the same problem?

Comment

Thank you for the warm comments guys! Always try to find something interesting, but its been a dry spell lately.

P.S. The place where I originally uploded some photos has crushed, so I am re-positng the Flakhelper armband:

Last edited by Askold; 09-13-2011, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Two small additions to the volunteer collection:

1. Patch worn by POA members in Luftwaffe and later by KONR Airforce. Identical in construction to the POA army patch, but with the blue cloth used instead of green. A very rare item, I am only aware of one more such patch in another collection.

2. General Gouvernment postal cufftitle - used by Ukrainian and Polish "Deutsche Post Osten" workers and mailman in the General Gouvernment. Unlike GG police cufftitle, which is bevo, this one is embroidered. On the photo, the fellow on the left is wearing such cuff.

Comment

Few updates to the collection:

Aserbaidjan:

Armenian:

Bergkaukasian:

Foreign volunteers in Luftwaffe:

Photo of Ukrainian flieger, soldbuch for a Latvian serving in Heavy Flak Batt., Officer's version of the veteran badge for members of Latvian Air Legion (members of Nachtshlaggruppe 12), Armband for Ukrainian flakhelpers, patch for Russians in Luftwaffe, couple of boards for Ost volunteeers in Luftwaffe.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X