oorlogsspullen

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS High Leader Prototype Dagger - Anyone Ever Encountered One Before? Oldtimers?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would you say it's the worst reference book? I thought it was an useful early guide to the fakes that were known of back then.

Comment

Here is one on GunBroker.com:
      http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=496685526

Comment

The seller states "I was asked where I got it and how I can prove its original. I won it on Craig Gottliebs history hunter auction. I haven't got paperwork yet but all items bought from his auctions are guaranteed original for life." So that's that sorted then.

Comment

My old thread rises again. If I were the suspicious type I would think that listing and specifically the originality statement was put there to fan flames on discussion forums.
          Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Here is the SS Prototype dagger I was offered in 2013 by Vasilij Klatt... Very close to Lampwick's example.

Comment

How much was he asking for it?
              Last edited by Reichskanzler; 09-21-2015, 12:03 PM.

Comment

That's a impressive daggers! They must have cost a pretty penny to make!

Thanks for sharing these even if they are rumoured to be fakes?...

Eva

Comment

Very Smart Move IMO

Originally posted by cogwheel View Post
                  Well, I was so 'impressed' with all that chat about this dagger's notoriously fraudulent origin that I decided to acquire one. Hey folks, its a great looking dagger and I have to report that I'm happy having been defraudulated. Happy New Year.
                  Hi Cogwheel,

Very smart move here on your part. Good bad or indifferent, some fantasy pieces will have there own niche in the hobby and get a following. Best example I can use at the moment is the all the post war etching done on the mismatched K98 combat bayonets that came out of England in the 1970's.

These while totally bogus, are commanding prices that average in the $450-500.00 range. Don't know exactly why, but that's whats going on. Like I said, its just a following. So in ending, people might shake their heads in disbelief because you bought a humped up fantasy piece, but when it come times to part with your dagger, lets see who's laughing then.

Mat J

Comment

Just my humble opinion but this has got to be one of the ugliest dagger designs ever and would be an insult to SS.

Comment

Originally posted by DALE ELLIS View Post
                      Just my humble opinion but this has got to be one of the ugliest dagger designs ever and would be an insult to SS.
                      No argument from me. Not only is it ugly, some that I've seen look like they were put together in somebody's basement. FP

Comment

I know I'm late getting into this thread but I guess beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. That prototype SS dagger definitely has an Art Deco look to it which IMO is totally appropriate for the period.
                        Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X