• Show
Clear All

Here is a picture:
    Attached Files

Comment

torn

Yuri scheme many thanks for greeting me

Comment

ive just purchased a bookand booklets relating to ss signals operations and repairs in german of course im interesred in seeing pictures or locating equipment . of course all in german tho i underswtand some their from ss schules

Comment

[
          http://community.webshots.com/user/eaj1es

http://ag727.vox.com/

and my radio room still in work:
          http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=6eqcDMMH_pc[/QUOTE]

Alex, your morsekeys are Luftwaffe types- not Kriegsmarine.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblesbane View Post

An electron Radio set.
            They featured high telegraphy speed and searches method of tuning to the desired radio centre, which required no trimming and which made it possible to reduce by an order of magnitude the duration of contact and thus make communication less vulnerable to countermeasures.
            What nationality is this set ? Not German, I believe ?

rgds Ragnar

Comment

It took a long time to acquire one of these, but here is my latest acquisition in my collection of Soviet WWII field communications equipment --

And a closeup of the keyboard --

Comment

Looks very unusual. A German typewriter with Cyrillic characters. Do you think it's war-time?

Yuri

Comment

Probably pre-war. I haven't perused it for dates yet -- my money is that it is from the 30s.

Comment

Hello Russky Spy... newbie member here...
                    I am interested in your knowledge of field telephones. I own two of the Czech TP 25's and am hoping to have them serve in a remote location.
                    The difficulty I am having centers on the type of battery required or, whether one is needed at all. The generator allows one to ring the bell at the other end, correct? And the battery maintains current for the transceiving... ?
                    I thought I'd be able to find some rudimentary instructions (you know, czech text and simple diagrams on pulpwood paper) with these rascals, but I am at sea.
                    I thank you in advance. Best, Brandt

Comment

Originally posted by Brandt33 View Post
                      Hello Russky Spy... newbie member here...
                      I am interested in your knowledge of field telephones. I own two of the Czech TP 25's and am hoping to have them serve in a remote location.
                      The difficulty I am having centers on the type of battery required or, whether one is needed at all. The generator allows one to ring the bell at the other end, correct? And the battery maintains current for the transceiving... ?
                      I thought I'd be able to find some rudimentary instructions (you know, czech text and simple diagrams on pulpwood paper) with these rascals, but I am at sea.
                      I thank you in advance. Best, Brandt
                      Hi, Brandt, wellcome to the subforum of the WAF!

In this link you can learn more about your phones:
                      http://www.wlhoward.com/radios/id1103.htm

It's very interesting the details of compatibility with other equipment of the epoch.

I'm sure that other members, more expert than me can help you in your enquirie.

Jan.

Comment

i collect communication equippment,German recievers and senders.Heeres ,Luftwaffe and kriegsmarine

Comment

Originally posted by ayf View Post
                          i collect communication equippment,German recievers and senders.Heeres ,Luftwaffe and kriegsmarine
                          Please, Ayf, could you post images of your radio-equipment?

Thanks in advance.

Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandt33 View Post
                            ... I own two of the Czech TP 25's and am hoping to have them serve in a remote location. The difficulty I am having centers on the type of battery required or, whether one is needed at all. The generator allows one to ring the bell at the other end, correct? And the battery maintains current for the transceiving... ?
                            Brandt,

In general, the hand-crank magneto only generates power to run the bell. You need internal (or external - longer story) battery power to run the microphones. Most of my field telephones can "hear" live communication (speaker/earset) without a dedicated battery as long as one exists within the network, but each phone needs a battery to operate that unit's microphone (mouthset).

Assuming the internal electronics are sound (not corroded), getting them running should be simple and inexpensive. In all likelihood, each phone should operate on 3v of power (as with most WWII field telephones). I recall the Czech TP-25 does NOT have an internal battery holder -- it merely has a central compartment (under the handset - you have to unscrew the cover) with two battery terminals... but there is enough room for 2 D cells and a battery holder.

For each telephone, purchase 2x 1.5v D cell batteries, as well as a 2-D cell battery holder (this is a plastic housing that fits 2 D cell batteries, with wires to connect to the device, available at most electronic and DIY stores). Pop the batteries into the holders (make sure battery polarity is correct) and wire one of the holders to the +/- battery leads of one of the phones. Talk into the handset of that phone and see if you can hear your voice in that handset. Of course, remember to activate the finger switch on the underside of the handset - this switch disconnects the power to the microphone when not in use to prevent draining the batteries.

Repeat the voice test for the other field phone. Again, make sure the +/- wiring polarity of the batteries is correct.

Next, wire the two phones together. For an optimum test, use at least 20 or 30 feet of wire and run them into separate rooms (better yet, keep one indoors and the other outside!) and shut the door. With a friend on the other phone, take turns ringing each phone, talking from one phone to the other, hold a conversation, hang up, call back, etc.

Hopefully, that should work. If so -- please report back regarding your success.

If this procedure fails for any reason, report back. I have a pair of these phones and can work with you to find what's wrong... but I suspect we won't need to do this.

Have fun!

Comment

Hi everybody,

my addiction to old radios and WWII equipment started some 21 years back when i bought a VE301dyn radio at a local radio fleamarket... I run a homepage about all the Volks-receivers www.ve301.de. As i am from Germany its in German language at the present only.

Some 15 years bac i got hold of a LW.E.a and KW.E.a which were in mint condition. The preowner got them from the British army in Germany. I assume they were never used. Unfortunately i sold most of my gear 10 years back when we moved to a different location.
                              Currently i own most of the VE's and DKE's and EZ6, FUG16, two Torn.E.b, one KW.E.a, Braun BSK238 and after war boatanchor Siemens E309 and Racal 17L.

Looking forward to exchange lots of informations etc. in the future !

Regards from Germany

Joachim

Comment

Originally posted by Joachim08 View Post
                                Hi everybody,

my addiction to old radios and WWII equipment started some 21 years back when i bought a VE301dyn radio at a local radio fleamarket... I run a homepage about all the Volks-receivers www.ve301.de. As i am from Germany its in German language at the present only.

Some 15 years bac i got hold of a LW.E.a and KW.E.a which were in mint condition. The preowner got them from the British army in Germany. I assume they were never used. Unfortunately i sold most of my gear 10 years back when we moved to a different location.
                                Currently i own most of the VE's and DKE's and EZ6, FUG16, two Torn.E.b, one KW.E.a, Braun BSK238 and after war boatanchor Siemens E309 and Racal 17L.

Looking forward to exchange lots of informations etc. in the future !

Regards from Germany

Joachim

Welcome Joachim, looking forward in seeing some of your radio's herer on the forum. I love the volksempfänger myself. I already found your website about the ve301 very usefull ! Great work.

Kris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X