Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Same attitude and same result. In the past plenty of those vehicles were destroyed, because they were unwanted and considered scrap. Today they are destroyed as a result of ignorance.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Dufleuve View Post
        Have a look at Houffalize pictures in 1945...
        Although I regret it will not be better restored/preserved, I think the town council and inhabitants have the right to do whatever they want with the Panther as a hefty price was paid by their parents to have the "privilege" to retain that souvenir.
        I think, all Europe paid that price and those who liberated it.

Jack

Comment

Just relax, be glad it gets a decent cosmetic restoration. I've visit it dozens of times during the past years and every year it got worse. Be grateful that they at least TRY AND DO SOMETHING about the situation. And like I said before, the Panther is property of Houffalize so they gets to choose what happens with it. If I want to see a driveable one I go to Trier or Saumur. If I want to see a static one I got to Overloon, Saumur, Munster and in the future Houffalize. Plenty of Panthers in the world.

At least it's not getting the Bruce Crompton treatment full of newly designed parts, paint and pr-sh*t before being sold off to Australia so we will never have a chance to see this one running. Did I mention they did the same with a Panzer IV?

Comment

The stug when it was found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0gopUsvzDc

Comment

It now needs a neon green camo pattern to look completely "gooned up"!
              Willi

PreuĂźens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by dflament View Post
                At least it's not getting the Bruce Crompton treatment full of newly designed parts, paint and pr-sh*t before being sold off to Australia so we will never have a chance to see this one running. Did I mention they did the same with a Panzer IV?
                Yup...

I do not like what Bruce does. Even the Hetzer he claimed as "original", and he kept the all the G13 parts inside! G13 Firewall and Fuel Tanks...G13 tracks...etc. Took a Praga engine that was used on an old airfield, and installed it...the doctored it up with a PaK39. Australia paid an INSANE price for something that was not even correct.

Comment

Seems the Panther went off to Germany for a few months. They will complete it with some parts (wheels, suspension,...). After that it will teturn to Bastogne

Comment

Originally posted by harrison987 View Post
                    Final paint scheme:
                    No need for any fog lamps on the autobahn with that colour!

Comment

And while cleaning it inside, some personal stuff and a windhund cap badge were found

Comment

Originally posted by JanC View Post
                        And while cleaning it inside, some personal stuff and a windhund cap badge were found
                        Do you mean the StuG or Panther?

All the bodies of the crew were inside the StuG when it was found...but they never showed that in the video...

Comment

Originally posted by harrison987 View Post
                          Do you mean the StuG or Panther?

All the bodies of the crew were inside the StuG when it was found...but they never showed that in the video...
                          In the Panther

Comment

I knew the crew were in the Panther when it was removed from the river but i didn't know the Stug crew perished also,quite a grim discovery then...I presume they got documented and received a proper burial?..

Comment

I don’t understand why so many think it should be a running driving deal when
                              it has sat there as a static display for 70 plus years. Surely a cosmetic outside restoration and some cover would be ideal. I got to the town just after it had been removed for the restoration...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X