X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my favorites

Hi all,
    This is a fantastic thread. Thanks for starting it Ralph!
    Here's one for your viewing pleasure.

http://my.voyager.net/~fishfin/dresden1.jpg
    http://my.voyager.net/~fishfin/dresden2.jpg

Regards,
    John

Comment

Latest one of mine a NSBO 1933 tinnie, the maker is M9/67 Overhoff & Cie, Lüdenscheid.
      Attached Files

Comment

reverse
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jnoble
          reverse
          James,
          Great piece with a lot of character!

John

Comment

This is the panzer-s/p, that our dear member Greg Koepp found for me. I tried to get his in a trade. While he thought about that, this one popped up, and he bought it for me for an unbelievable good price. That was one of the first impression on this forum. Thanks a lot again, Greg. It is one of my nicest pieces.

best wishes,
            Gerd

Comment

There has been a question asked before about if anyone had a picture of a tinnie actually being worn here's one of a HJ with two. I can ID the one on the left but not the one on the right it could be from ether Hannover or Stuttgart any ideas?
              Attached Files

Comment

There has been a question asked before about if anyone had a picture of a tinnie actually being worn here's one of a HJ with two. I can ID the one on the left but not the one on the right it could be from ether Hannover or Stuttgart any ideas?
                James,
                I've seen the piece and I know it's passed thru my hands; unfortunately
                I got rid of it quite a while ago. Can't recall the district but if I had to venture a guess, it would be Hannover. There's either a griffin or a horse
                on the badge. It's hard to see in the photo.

John

Comment

Originally posted by John Bart
                  James,
                  I've seen the piece and I know it's passed thru my hands; unfortunately
                  I got rid of it quite a while ago. Can't recall the district but if I had to venture a guess, it would be Hannover. There's either a griffin or a horse
                  on the badge. It's hard to see in the photo.

John
                  John, It appears to be a horse and yes both Hannover and Stuttgart use them in their badges but then again so did a lot of other districts.

Comment

James,
                    Eureka, I think I have found it!
                    See the link:

http://my.voyager.net/~fishfin/westfalen.jpg

It looks to be an SA badge from Dortmund
                    (Westfalen-Treffen 8.-9. Juli 1933 Dortmund)
                    Nice piece, wish I kept it.

John

Comment

John,

Yes that's the one I just looked it up in Tieste's book and it's there a 1933 SA treffen thanks for your help in IDing this badge.

Comment

Hello Mike

I just saw your Leipzig Fair "clay" tinnie. Click the links below to see where I posted some of these from the years 1920 - 1930. The fair apparently ran (runs?) bi-annually, as I have spring and fall versions of many of the years. They are all serial-numbered, and many have some nice makers. The backs of some of these are more interesting than the fronts!

They start about here:
                        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=leipzig

More, and another one like yours:
                        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=leipzig
                        -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Here's acouple of new ones for me. maker is Donner, Elberfelo Münzpräge

Comment

2nd one is a youthmeeting maker is Hoffstätter,Bonn
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here's a nice little 1938 Hitler Youth pressed paper donation pin.
                              Attached Files

Comment

reverse

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 43 users online. 0 members and 43 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X