Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can anybody translate the front for me???

back
    Attached Files

Comment

translation

It means Liberation Gau festival in Saarbrücken--commemorating the return to Germany of the Saar after the occupation by French troops.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Nice badge.

I have a "Robinson" here somewhere (weird, isn't it?).... I'll have to dig it out and post it so we can compare. Now if I can only remember which one it is...

Good translation, but what is the Gaufest DRL reference? The only DRL I know is Deutsches Reichbund für Leibesübungen. What's the connection?

Was Siegfried a health-nut?
        -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

More drool....

Dang Mike....

Very nice.... love the dragon slayer.....

Comment

Erich
            appreciate the translation...Ralph my guess is that the Dragon symbolizes france in this rendition.
            not a big tinnie collector myself but couldnt pass on the dragon depiction
            Ralph would be interested in seeing your Robinson piece...was it ever decided what the deal was with this maker?
            mike

Comment

Robinson

Cruesoe. Gonna take me a few days to research. All we now know is here:

Robinson Maker Mark

My Robinson marked tinnie is the "obscene Gau Thing" tinnie, marked "Oberstein", I believe. More later.

Meanwhile, enjoy these:
              Attached Files
              -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Another one from the vault

Efoplast! Did you guys check the backs of your "leather" tinnies yet to see if they are so-marked?
                Attached Files
                -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

I'm gonna be really embarrased

...if it turns out to be Eßoplast!

But I'm fairly certain it's an "f". More research is indicated.

Please shake out your collections and let's see what else is out there.

Another. Faint; but it's there:
                  Attached Files
                  -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

just recived these two
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Im finally doing it-reading all 40 pages and seeing what i have and havent posted yet(yup my home computer is back up-for how long nowbody knows)ill post all mine here later-Very nice DAF tinnie James(the last one you posted))I dont yet have that one in the DAF tinnie collection-whats the unofficial tinnie count at now??(minus the duplicates /non tinnies,and Ralphs commie tinnies!!)

Yancy

Comment

It's only 40 pages...

If you use the Forum default of "15 posts per page". Since I have dial-up, I rolled it back to 10 per page for faster loading (per page). That makes it over "63" pages

I have downloaded every tinnie shown here and even managed to capture some of the ones that were lost when individual servers went down. I'm resizing and sharpening them where I can, and categorizing them. Also, I am in process of going through the entire tinnie forum to capture examples in other threads, not used as "ammo" in the war.

Should make a nice little catalog when I'm done. I'll burn them to disks and mail them off to all who are interested, but this won't happen before, say, July. I'll keep you posted. Pardon the pun.

PS of course, I'll contact you guys where needed to get permission to reproduce the photos.
                          Last edited by Ralph A; 05-09-2003, 04:54 PM.
                          -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

And here's a "back-atcha", guys!

Awesome Tinnie Alert!!!! AH-ooo-Gah! Take cover!
                            Attached Files
                            -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

I did it!!

well allright,I finally stopped talking about it and did it-I started at the begining of the thread and looked at all 42 pages(63pages by Ralphs count-I have a dial up modem right now-I started at 2:45 and its 4:50 now(i did eat lunch and watch CNN for a minute but still)-now thats a thread-I came to the conclusion that i had not posted as many tinnies as i thought in this thread-they may be posted in other threads but for the sake of a huge tinnie catalog ill post these again here:Ralph,Mike Dunn, James,John,Kevin,Richard etc(I know theres others i cant remeber everyone of the top of my head -you all have some VERY nice tinnies,I noticed a few NSBO-DAF tinnies pictured that i dont yet have(time to start bugging some of you-you know you wanna sell them!! )Keven i cant believe that i hadnt seen your salesman sample on page #8,outstanding!!James knoble you posted a NSBO tinnie on pg 10 (Im jealous!Its on my wants list now!)Ill start with the VDA tinnies,I know that a few have been posted by some of you,but i just scanned all 47 (there for sale but not sold yet so im posting the pictures!!)here they are:

Yancy
                              Attached Files

Comment

VDA #2
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X