X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jnoble
    Frist time I have seen this maker.
    Hi ya James,
    Never seen that maker either. Interesting badge and hallmarked text....
    John

Comment

ladies tradition brooch ww1?

Originally posted by Ralph A
      ....way too quiet.
      ladies tradition brooch ww1 or twenties?
      1)I saw a variation on a secondhand-market.
      It was also an oval shape but very transparant. (molded glass shaped like a cut egg in half the long way, like a beatle).
      with on the right a litlle black prussian cross right side an very irrigular white threat in it.Very good quality-work and authentic.( So not a presse-papier)
      I have never seen your brooch or "mine" before .
      If it it's still available I'll buy it.
      2)I already bought a extremely pin ww1consisting all the allied flags with short capital lettertext; ON LES A EU( free translated; WE HAD THEM HAD; WE FINISHED THEM, THE GERMANS WW1)
      If some bodyknows more about them ...you'r welcome.

Ben Baars

Comment

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 348090" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2>1e reply didn't work . So 2e reply to brooch of Ralf A item375

1)I saw a variation on a secondhand-market.
        It was also an oval shape but very transparant. (molded glass shaped like a cut egg in half the long way, like a beatle).
        with on the right a litlle black prussian cross right side an very irrigular white threat in it.Very good quality-work and authentic.( So not a presse-papier)
        I have never seen your brooch or "mine" before .
        If it it's still available I'll buy it.
        2)I already bought a extremely pin ww1consisting all the allied flags with short capital lettertext; ON LES A EU( free translated; WE HAD THEM HAD; WE FINISHED THEM, THE GERMANS WW1)
        If some body knows more about them ...you'r welcome.I don't have a camera for placing pictures.

Ben Baars

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>01-30-2004 05:09 AM</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

kdf tinnie handwerkstag berlin

Originally posted by Ralph A
          Did I catch you unawares?
          Hello Ralf

Do you or somebody know if this kdf badge is rare?
          Its has a very good composition; interesting how the artist of this badge "plays" with the perspektive! Look at the buildingperspective and then see going downwards how each step has a perpective-correction; it proves that the disigner knows that it is an object at last; very artistic !!

Ben Baars

Comment

Speaking of a well designed tinnie with good use of perspective here's my latest one

Comment

Nice one James! I like it.
              Are those little heads on the central motif? The one just right of the center
              looks like Hitler wearing a pointed cap . I have an overly active imagination.
              Later............... John............

Comment

German/Finn Enamel......
                Can anyone shed some light on this badge? This is not a "tinnie" in the true sense of the word, or is it? Perhaps just a more expensive higher quality tinnie.
                Comments would be greatly welcomed...................

John
                Attached Files

Comment

Marked reverse............
                  Attached Files

Comment

Muchow Portrait Tinnie

Nice portriature...........
                    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse, pin still alive and well after all these years.....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John Bart
                        Nice one James! I like it.
                        Are those little heads on the central motif? The one just right of the center
                        looks like Hitler wearing a pointed cap . I have an overly active imagination.
                        Later............... John............
                        He's right...

BTW and to answer an earlier question: I always considered the enameled "EK & flowers" brooch to be a post WWI thing for a lady, yes. This sort of item abounds.
                        Attached Files
                        -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

tinnie perspective

Speaking of a here's my latest one
                          Very nice James!
                          Your tinnie is loveable, because its attemps to give so much details as possible on a small tinsurface.
                          I'm always esthonished how artists can give on little pieces of tin, surch powerfull imaginations, specially the old german cities with their medioval sphere often surrounded by disappearing landcape in the background.
                          The maker of your tinnie tried to show the buildings from a low vieuwing point;
                          I consider these well-detail "city- tins" a kind of foto; it shows us an exact detailed Germany-document at that timeat that place.An old inhabitant would surely recognize his city.

Ben Baars

Comment

KDF tinnie

Speaking of a well designed tinnie with good use of perspective here's my latest one
                            Hello Jnoble ,
                            Please,let me know if my private mail(s) arrived you.I tried several times , but the messages disappeared after submitting.
                            Ben Baars

Comment

Here's a nice enamel sports related pin between Germany and Belgium. posted for Ben Baar's
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by James Noble; 02-13-2004, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Recent pickup
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X