No announcement yet.

Runic brooch photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are multiple WHW series with the astrology signs or figures...

Comment

"sgstandard",

I highly recommend to read "Die Feier - Erste Gabe".

I bet you never heard of that SS publication.

Comment

Astrology?

Then I stand corrected I had never seen any Nazi items with Zodiac signs. I'm not convined the brooch has a connection to NS, but all the old broochs are very appealing. (Did anyone notice that the back has an optical illusion? You look at it, and it looks "recessed", and you look at again, and it looks "raised" like the front.

Comment

i hope this one will fit within the other nice ones here in this thread...
          octagon shaped 835 silver brooch showing some ear of corn... guess it can easily be dated 30-40s probably..rural jewelery... marked handarbeit 835 and a small makers stamp..would be interesting to find out who made it.
          Attached Files

Comment

sorry, my camera sucks when inside..
            Attached Files

Comment

very interesting Andreas...can you get a better close-up of the mark?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
                very interesting Andreas...can you get a better close-up of the mark?
                Don, here are better daylight photos where the makers mark can be seen.
                thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

Thalmann: nice brooch, it reminds me of the Landesfrauenschule jewelry and/or (because of the stems of wheat) the Reichslandbund, i would expect the brooch to be related to female members in this area of (pre-war) organisations.

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                  Not only a master- but a religious piece for cultic use and decor within the SS family home.
                  Thorsten, cut the bull**** and don't ruin another fine topic. You are trying the same thing as in every cultural items topics, someone posts something and you bring in all kinds of wood items and start shouting nonsense such as above. The use of zodiac symbols is much older than the third reich and while they sure have been in use during the war as well, they are NOT in any kind of way NS or SS characters. Even you can't be so stupid to think you can push this through people troaths as truth?

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                  Then I stand corrected
                  You shouldn't. Thorsten knows very well that Zodiac signs are not NS or SS symbols, but much older phenomenons. Just as any letter of the aphabet can be used on a SS item, so can a zodiac sign too, does that make the alphabet nazi, or SS? No sir. Yet, this is what Thorsten is again trying to accomplish, as he could sell then any wood, rion, tapestry or whatever item with zodiac signs as SS.

He is further screwing with you and bringing up the "Die Feier" booklet, because you asked for him uneasy questions about his so called "genuine" Gahr brooch and now he's as usual rude and belittling in an attempt to sound interesting and take revenge. Pathetic and it's sad to see how low he is becoming.

Comment

Gaston,

Simply read correctly what I write and try to learn.
                    You have zero clue about NS and SS cultural pieces anyway.

Your Kindergarten rants are boring - and useless.

Comment

Thorsten, you typing this only means im right and you have no better arguments. We have seen it all before from you, it must indeed be very boring for you to constantly be corrected when you're wrong. How any topics has this happened before? 10? 20? 50? Please re-read THIS topic from page one and please tell me where you come with one original piece of information instead of lies and idiotic claims?

Comment

here is one i found while browsing through some forums today... sorry, not runic again but i think you still gonna like it. maker is identified as

"Ostpreussische Schmuckkunst" / Udo Koschorreck from Osterode
                        Attached Files

Comment

As nice as these often look, i try to avoid them as it is often very hard to date them to being from before 1945. E.g The Deininger catalog shows a number of examples without runes but on Ebay you can find tons of similar ones, which i think 99% off are made in the last half century. Nice to look at yes, but most are very tricky and hard to date. It also shows (again) that the designs are much older AND are still in use today as well. Yours is obviously marked with DRGM which is a nice indicator to it being from before 1945, nice find!

Comment

To SGStandard

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
                            Thorsten knows very well that Zodiac signs are not NS or SS symbols, but much older phenomenons. Just as any letter of the aphabet can be used on a SS item, so can a zodiac sign too, does that make the alphabet nazi, or SS? No sir. Yet, this is what Thorsten is again trying to accomplish, as he could sell then any wood, rion, tapestry or whatever item with zodiac signs as SS.

He is further screwing with you and bringing up the "Die Feier" booklet, because you asked for him uneasy questions about his so called "genuine" Gahr brooch and now he's as usual rude and belittling in an attempt to sound interesting and take revenge. Pathetic and it's sad to see how low he is becoming.
                            SGStandard,
                            I stand behind Jabnus here 100 %.
                            Thought you would like to know
                            Jabnus is my favorite Troll Killer
                            -MF

Comment

Getting back to runic symbols on brooches, I present my new brooch which is quite large-over 2 inches diameter. If anyone can recognize the maker or drgm code I would appreciate the help.
                              Attached Files

Comment

reverse of brooch

Reverse side. Note maker mark.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X