• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolfsangel brooch
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

Nice, saw it but went above my max, so no bids from me.
        Nice Handenarbeit marked!

Time for a new overview of all your gems?!

Comment

Ah so there it is! nice indeed, not sure what time to place it in. It could be a little older (1920's perhaps?). I might have one of two oval shaped similar ones that are probably related to der Wandervogel. Will dig up over the weekend.

Is the reverse marked with "Handenarbeit" again?

Btw, i didn't see it, and then they say work is good for you! I totally lack the time these weeks to check the sites. Glad to see it found a good home.

Comment

Another foto:
            Attached Files

Comment

Now this is a nice one!!!! Germanische Landdienst brooch in wear!!!!!

Comment

Yes very nice indeed!!!!

Comment

Looks like a wolfsangel brooch in wear here.

Photo is dated on back 1944.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just found:
                    Attached Files

Comment

What is on that brooch? I cannot make it out.

Comment

Hi, it's not that hard to see actually, the shadowy part on the picture makes it harder than it actually is.

The brooch is a little turned to the right, but i think it's a pretty clear B-rune, which is a Berkana rune.

Berkana is the 18th rune of the Old Futhark. It's sound is that of "B". Berkana is the second rune of the third Aett. The rune means Birch ("Birch Tree") and stands for a new beginning, for the birth of something new, or for the creation of something.

A quick made little picture to compare the brooch to the rune is under here. Maybe it's a bit better visible then? I took the liberty to darken the picture a little. It's again a great photo of a rune that you don't encounter that often on brooches. Thanks for posting Gran Sasso!

best regards,
                        Gaston
                        Attached Files

Comment

Its not symmetrical in that case as the top loop of the B is larger than the bottom loop of the B.
                          I thought it was an upside down R at first.

Back to my photo...wolfsangel?
                          Or am I seeing things that are not there?

Comment

Hi Don,

I think it actually is symmetrical but that it is slightly turned and that the shadows and light on the photo are playing tricks with our eyes.

Yes, your photo shows a wolfsangel brooch in wear. I think to remember to have even once seen such a brooch once for sale years ago and if i remember well it was a massive made brooch (not hollow).

best regards,
                            Gaston

Comment

Received the wolfsangel brooch. Nicer than expected.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Indeed a nice example - here I´ll add a few period ones from my collection.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X