Runic brooch photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Greif!

No, Gaston. This is NOT the Greif catalog. I also have a Greif catalog but this is not it. This booklet shows a variety of brooches and jewelry including rings etc. from several different workshops. I am translating it at the moment to learn as much as I can from it, as it is a period source.

I have not been able to find the maker yet of the brooch in post #145 although I have looked.

Comment

I think I found the exact brooch posted by gran sasso earlier in post # 45 of this one wear. Same maker as the one with the tyr rune and oak leaves but this one is much larger.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Capt. R; 12-07-2014, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
        Isn't that the illustruous Greifen catalog? What does that have to do with the Reichsnährstand? Wow, the Reichsnnährstand developed suddenly runes too?
        If you read this book, especially the endnotes under plate or bild #24 "Sonnenscheibe", you would understand what Thorsten is talking about. Go read it and then come back and re-read what Thorsten said. It will make more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
          I have not been able to identify this mark yet
          I think it's from Norway and made by D. A. I'm sure you know of him.

Comment

Never mind. Remove.

Comment

?
              David Andersen or are you making a joke?

Comment

Regarding the one posted in post#145: please explain why it should even be a German one? I have another idea about it and think it's probably from Norway.

It's amusing to follow where this will lead to

Come on Don, you haven't been able to find out the mark and Thorsten triumphantly posts it in this runic brooches topic, im sure the two of you can come up with a good explanaition to link it somehow to a "Gahr like" history background story. It's not for crazy amounts on the e-stand yet, but i wonder how long it will take you or Thorsten to find more and start offering them? Probably one of the new collecting area's this topic will soon evolve in.

*Where is my popcorn? This is better than comedy!*

Comment

I thought you were done posting? Since you are not contributing so just go away. Nothing to do with Gahr so don't even try to make such a claim and confuse things. And what I sell is my own business so F off nutty professor.

Comment

It's amusing to follow where this will lead to

Come on Don, you haven't been able to find out the mark and Thorsten triumphantly posts it in this runic brooches topic, im sure the two of you can come up with a good explanaition to link it somehow to a "Gahr like" history background story. It's not for crazy amounts on the e-stand yet, but i wonder how long it will take you or Thorsten to find more and start offering them? Probably one of the new collecting area's this topic will soon evolve in.

*Where is my popcorn? This is better than comedy!*
                    we both know there will almost never be any real proof offered by these jokers.

They want WAF to give them approval of the Gahr-lites (and those brooches) so bad...

pass the popcorn

Comment

I thought you were done posting? Since you are not contributing so just go away. Nothing to do with Gahr so don't even try to make such a claim and confuse things. And what I sell is my own business so F off nutty professor.

Funny reply Don, what real information did you ever contribute to this topic? I think i added more than anyone else with regards to runic brooches. All you type and still type is either false or speculation in the wrong direction, and don't worry, i don't share any real information anymore, i'll leave that to you and Thorsten, it's really funny to watch you.

But no, not done posting, just done sharing. You are the expert now, come on, share your information. Who made this brooch and why did you think till yesterday with Thorsten it was ok to post it in this runic brooch topic and drool over it? Looking forward to your indept analysis (which would be the first ever).

*eating more popcorn!*

Comment

And what I sell is my own business so F off nutty professor.

dropping F bombs is not providing evidence to prove your theories. Nor does it instill any confidence that you ever shall.

By the way, I can help you with your rather slow sales on Estand with loony broochs....lower those prices by 90 % where the market has already established them at.

Comment

I thought you were done posting? Since you are not contributing so just go away.
                          I absolutely agree with you.

Due to their own weaknesses - jealousy the worst of it - Gaston and Michael are no good to this discussion and forum any longer.

I do hope the mods finally take action and send them both into Christmas holidays - they surely have earned it.

Comment

So many meaningless posts by 2 individuals who said they were done posting.

Another good thread ruined.

Comment

Nevermind - let´s keep it being productive:

Here is the magnified shot of the stamp on the back of this one.

The silver content stamp "900" is followed by the Binderune of the maker.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!
                                We need to start a new thread though. Maybe a Greif thread outside this runic brooch thread. I have another greif brooch to post as well but I need to take pics of it.
                                I have talked to the grand daughter of master Greif and have been given some interesting incite that I can pass on.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X