No announcement yet.

Runic brooch photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one of the better threads I've read on this forum.

and an example of what the forum can be when serious collectors research and exchange info in good faith. Maybe it is the time of year, but I am feeling quite positive for the new year and the future of the cultural aspect of the WAF.

Thanks for the nice photos of the brooches and the info on the haus-marks.

Comment

Could have been better without the one guy who does not really know anything trying to act like he does.
      Funny thing is we teach him.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
        one of the better threads I've read on this forum.

and an example of what the forum can be when serious collectors research and exchange info in good faith. Maybe it is the time of year, but I am feeling quite positive for the new year and the future of the cultural aspect of the WAF.
        I feel pretty much the same.

And just came across a fine period article proving the cultural and deep connection of the DHW and the SS.
        A very interesting read and basis for digging deeper into the SS cultural activities - and DHW products, including brooches by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post

And just came across a fine period article proving the cultural and deep connection of the DHW and the SS.
          A very interesting read and basis for digging deeper into the SS cultural activities - and DHW products, including brooches by the way.

Mr B,
          you claim to finally have evidence for your unproven arguments and you wont produce it?

It does not work that way on WAF anymore.

without evidence for all to see, your unsupported claims are as worthless as the rugs and wood plates you pushed until commanded to desist from selling here.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post

interesting, please post?!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmv View Post

I await with great amusement for your request to be answered.

Comment

Yes amusement indeed, but it again kills a fine topic with crap we have seen for 100's of pages of a closed topic before and never has anything been proven. Before the topic here dies again by the same lame practices, here's another two brooches from my collection. Interesting is that both "face" in another direction. Please keep it ontopic here guys. Just open a new topic if the subject is not about brooches, runes or housemarks here.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice add.

I just had the letters between Sievers, Himmler and Ruppel in hand employing him due to his good work and making him head of an own office - an amusing read indeed.

Comment

I can't believe im biting again, but for sake of clearing up possible confusion created (AGAIN!) by Thorsten making claims that make no sense, here we go:

Im surprised you (Thorsten) didn't come earler with Ruppel, or is that because you knew it wouldn't be a strong argument?

It's quite simple (as simple as the 200 page cultural thread with the same bull**** over and over again that you are tying again here!) --> all you want to do is to try and proof your own dreamt "truth" (which is a falsification of history!) in which every cultural item MUST be in your seemingly far too right-wing thougts a real SS item. Although the SS did in fact have a number of such items, or did even influence a number of items, it makes again no sense to call everything thus SS. Yes Ruppel was made a head of a small "Wissenschaftliche abteilung" of the Ahenenerbe (a scientific division of the Ahnenerbe), namely the "Hausmarken und Sippenzeichen". So? What do you want to proof with this? Ruppel was also fired because his work was a) too much based on Homeyer and b) had quite a lot of claims that could not be proven, as it was not all always very scientific, he himself was not educated enough too (he didn't promote at university and his work was as such even by the Ahnenerbe a problem to present as scientific! After the outbreak of the war, Ruppels work with the Ahenenerbe immediatly ended too as it was regarded not "Kriegswichtig" (war important) enough. On 30 November 1939 he was no head anymore of the "Hausmarken und Sippenzeichen" division. Although he was asked later in 1941 again for another division, but that's a whole other subject. What's "amusing" as you call it, in this all is beyond me, it just makes no sense at all in relation to the topic we are talking about here on WAF and which you try to hijack again! The only amusement is for us to see how pathetic this is again.

What we can conclude: Ruppel DID work for the Ahenenerbe AND the Ahnenerbe did have a Hausmarken and Sippenzeichen division. Again: so what? The main goal of this division was at first (about three years before the war!) to have a future basis for all SS members to have their own Sippe mark. Himmler was a great promotor of this idea, and although it would be interesting to investigate in how far he remained so between end 1939 and mai 1940, that is not relevant here. In how far this all influenced at all the brooches of the time we are discussing here in this topic is a different question. For sure the many civilian brooches (of which are posted a few in this very topic!) were during this same time not at all SS brooches!!!

The big problem here is the same as in every cultural topic you participate in once it gets made: you present each and every time snippets of "facts" and shout everything cultural must be SS (because you sell common items then with more profit to unsuspecting buyers?), and do that also with a bit of name dropping like here again with Sievers, Ruppel and Himmler (who cares?). You present yourself as someone who knows it all, but once someone reads WHAT you actually type it's very quickly clear how stupid it is.

To end this: in this topic about cultural brooches with runes and hausmarks from before 1945, the remark that you have found a:

a fine period article proving the cultural and deep connection of the DHW and the SS.

is equally as stupid as shouting that because some SS men wore an EK, KVK or a dagger, thus ALL Iiron crosses, kriegsverdienstkreuzer and pre 1945 daggers must all be SS. Good luck trying to convince the collectorscommunity of that thought! All daggers from the hitleryouth, all daggers from the kriegsmarine, all civilian kvk medals and crosses, all EK's in every branch of whatever unit.... You see how stupid this idea is??? These brooches we are talking about (with runes and housemarks), they were a GERMAN phenomenon, and yes maybe a few women of SS men also wore one, but that does not make each and every one a SS item. This very same practice you try in almost every cultural topic and it's time someone halts this.

Maybe i should type the above even more simple so that really everyone understands it, but hopefully people will become finally aware of what you try each and every time. Please just go away or don't post anything if it makes no sense or is not ontopic.

We all want a good discussion, and the more angles of looking at something during a discussion, the better it is, but not posting on purpose lies to confuse and change history for your own benefit.

-------------

Now, can we please go ontopic again and talk about the brooches and the runes on them? If anyone has more brooches, please post them. They are a great little collectingarea with a lot of history and this topic can become a really great future reference if we all add more examples.

Comment

Period brooch made of 835er silver from the well-known german jewelry firm Perli.

Isn´t it a beauty?
                      Attached Files

Comment

I would like to investigate how to tell the differences in non-German unmarked brooches from German produced ones. It was mentioned that the one I posted was Scandinavian. How tell? German ones were sometimes patterned on Nordic examples. Are there period sales catalogs to reference? Where can we get your book jabnus? I'd like to reserve a copy.

Looking at wolf willrich portraits I see a gorget similar to the brooch I posted.
                        Last edited by Capt. R; 12-22-2013, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Although ruppels book is interesting, the haus marks they note are through out all of Europe I believe, another book takes a look at some of the same type of things
                          Attached Files

Comment

Posting these broaches from Gahr at display in Wewelsburg for Capt.R.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dmv View Post
                              Still no answer. Guess it was another falsehooded "claim" as usual from Mr Beine

Comment

Another type in wear:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X