• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so?

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
      And so?
      You don't say who you are addressing your 'and so?' to, but if you mean me, I shall answer:

Jack asked,

'Another example? This one is in the very first post of this thread.

and,

'Do you think it's painted or cast from so other material? It just looked different to me from the other examples shown.'

And so, my replies to Jack suggest its not another example, it is not another material and it is not painted silver, a judgement made on viewing the picture Jack showed where in my opinnion the photographer has not shown us a true repesentation of the piece.

Comment

Well, then I will add something:

Both pieces come initially out of my collection.

The other three individuals involved in this "faked Erbhof sign scandal" will be better off just by being quiet.

Comment

Comment

Here's a nice looking Reichsnährstand plaque affixed to a wall.

Picture credit: N. Lange

Comment

I would think if a faker wanted to copy an Erbhof plaque, they would make a cast from an original (or what they thought was an original). wouldn't the casing process result in some shrinkage and thus the signs would be smaller?

Also, if they made a copy from scratch there would most likely be some details they would miss on an original (for instance, some of the contours would most likely not be correct).

I'm sure they've been copied, this has been verified by Robert H. But how easy it is to make an exact copy, it always sounds easier than it really is.

Erich

Comment

Very nice, Steve!

Comment

The one pictured is mine and it's black cast iron with the three threaded holes on the reverse. The piece also has a forgers making on the reverse. Oh yeah, and it's real!

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                    The one pictured is mine and it's black cast iron with the three threaded holes on the reverse. The piece also has a forgers making on the reverse. Oh yeah, and it's real!
                    Erich,

I hope you don't mind me demonstrating that it isn't a different material and its not painted silver and not another version. Sometimes pictures can misrepresent reality, which in the case of yours is of course cast iron and not a silver material.

Reflective metals and black are not the easiest of items to represent correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                      Erich,

I hope you don't mind me demonstrating that it isn't a different material and its not painted silver and not another version. Sometimes pictures can misrepresent reality, which in the case of yours is of course cast iron and not a silver material.

Reflective metals and black are not the easiest of items to represent correctly.
                      Nor I for re-posting it. I surely wasn't trying to imply that it was fake by any means. I was just following the thread and happened to remember seeing yours and couldn't tell if it was repainted or maybe something different entirely.

Comment

An Erbhof sign is more than just nice ;-)

So far Robert verified nothing.

Everybody needs to make his own experience and the experience I made and share is that I neither ever heard about cast iron Erbhof sign copies nor ever have seen one - not a single one since hunting and examining them for almost a decade.

But what I can tell you is that these pieces offer a lot of authentic Zeitgeist and more cultural atmosphere than many other pieces - and they are still underestimated.

The collector who owns one knows what I mean and won´t give it away again.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                          Erich,

No problem, the mark on the right side of the rune is old rust. After all, these were out in the elements. Like Thorsten, I'm yet to see a fake made of cast iron regardless of where the holes are located.

Comment

Originally posted by ETN View Post
                            Does your Erbhof sign have any markings cast in the back? Mine is identical to yours but it has a number cast in the back of the odal rune, I think it's a mold number.

Erich
                            I dont see one erich. But its very rusty & dirty on back. Maybe if you can be a little more specific on where to look in back? regards, Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne B. View Post
                              Considering all those things I just read this must be a cast fake then ?

Bought from the e-stand not long ago.
                              Etienne, It is very attractive example

Comment

Originally posted by rd rygaard View Post
                                etienne, it is very attractive example and steve t, where is that stunning plaque located? Awesome!!!!!!!!!
                                outstanding!!!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 270 users online. 0 members and 270 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X