This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve, nice display!

Thorsten, the presence of runes on the husband and wife side of the tree is similar to the marriage plate we saw earlier. Interesting.

But, I asked you some questions earlier, perhaps you missed them?

Comment

this gets too easy

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
      As I said they all were and are curtains - all the time.

A whole old household was cleared and there were at least two couples but I think more - they were all sold on german Ebay.

And since they were clearly described as curtains when being offered I did not buy them - because I am interested in wall tapestries.
      You actually believe anything described on german ebay (or any ebay) by a seller is somehow a credible source of reliable information? As if all sellers on ebay are experts on teppiches ,tapestries or drapes?

I just need to let you talk, the more you do so, the more you discredit yourself.

Comment

The framed photo that came with the plate. I found this photo & plate together back in 1979 at the now long gone GLOBE dept store on broadway in Galveston Tx. It sometimes served as a huge indoor flea market (Globe having closed in 1975) If memory serves me well the 2 ran me together $10.00 AT MOST. I just remember collecting Nehi glass bottles for the deposit to buy it. man, those were trhe days
        Attached Files

Comment

Awesome to see this thread!!!! The plate I show below Ive had well over 30 yrs and even though it was described as a " SS wedding plate" & came with a nice framed portrait of a waffen SS nco, until seeing this thread I always thought them to be post war items. As you can see from mine & a few others listed, these were prone to cracking in half... My question being can these be attributed solely to the SS or were they just very popular amoung civilians during the 3rd Reich?
          Attached Files

Comment

few more views...any info GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!
            Attached Files

Comment

How much more cultural can you get? Ive seen these in HEER & LW models, but never SS!?! Solid bronze & made by JUNCKER Berlin SW (stamped on bronze base in rear) weighing closer to 6 lbs.
              Attached Files

Comment

Michael,

Actually the more I talk the more your "tapestry" gets closer and closer to what it is:

a curtain.

Rygaard: great pieces!

Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                  After a brush off and a wax.
                  Love that plate, Steve.

Do you mind if I ask where you got that Leitheft at?

Comment

Originally posted by RD Rygaard View Post
                    How much more cultural can you get? Ive seen these in HEER & LW models, but never SS!?! Solid bronze & made by JUNCKER Berlin SW (stamped on bronze base in rear) weighing closer to 6 lbs.
                    I think there is a reason why you haven't seen it before but maybe its just me.

Comment

My question being can these be attributed solely to the SS or were they just very popular amoung civilians during the 3rd Reich?

Hi there,

they are (long before and long after WWII) very popular Items in german households.

Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
                        I think there is a reason why you haven't seen it before but maybe its just me.
                        well I can tell you it is IDENTICAL in construction, size, weight, etc, To its LW & Heer counterparts. Im 99.9% sure itsa good one. In hand its treally a stunning piece. Im just interested to see if anyone has a Juncker catalog that features it to see original price etc. regards, Richard

Comment

I saw one at a show about 6 years ago. At a table where an old time collector had a few higher-end SS type metal desk display items...

But I dont know if that makes it authentic or not, just saying I did see one like this once at a show.

Comment

it gets better on this "a couple of cultural items"

Erbhof plaque
                            SS!?! Solid bronze & made by JUNCKER Berlin SW
                            Michael

Comment

Leitheft aplenty ...............

http://www.huesken.com/shop/de/neuheiten.html

Comment

A candle holder in oak that came along with the huge plate just posted above.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Steve T; 03-25-2011, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 41 users online. 0 members and 41 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X