This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Wood View Post
    I would also like to see better photos of the Gahr badge as well front and back
    Cheers
    Gary
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...20&postcount=4

Has time to update another wood plate on estand today, but no time to post photos of the brooch front or back.

Comment

It will be a world premiere that detailed pics of an original Gahr brooch will be shared.

And here in WAF only.

Comment

Hi Lucius,

You may be right there, of course other cultures had brooches (and similar cultural items) as well. The round symbols on the side are actually what i liked best on this brooch. Arabic for this one seems very plausible for the centre design as you mention.

When home tonight ill try and dig up a brooch i have from the 1930's, which also has a number of similar neutral symbols running around the edge. Some items can probably never been proven as to what they really are. Perhaps the reverse of this brooch can give us more information?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...20&postcount=4

Has time to update another wood plate on estand today, but no time to post photos of the brooch front or back.

Isnt the price for such an ORIGINAL item dirt cheap and unbelievable?

Comment

Gaston,

Have you ever been to Wewelsburg castle to have a look into the new SS exhibition?

It is well worth a visit - there are a lot of fine/unique SS cultural pieces on display.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
              Gaston,

Have you ever been to Wewelsburg castle to have a look into the new SS exhibition?

It is well worth a visit - there are a lot of fine/unique SS cultural pieces on display.
              Thorsten,

How new is the exhibition, when I last visited (2008) the curator stated a lot of what was on display was post war manufactured.

Lads took me there for my dine out on leaving the services and I was able visit the places not normaly accessable which was nice.

Jock

Comment

The new exhibition opened in April 2010.

If you want to see unique pieces of SS art and religion Wewelsburg castle is THE place to go - they even have an SS wedding plate on display.

Comment

is the wedding plate then from you Thorsten?
                  Nice museum, nice Allach selection.
                  Some fakes are still in some display case, i.e tunic and headgear.

Comment

No, that wedding plate is from another source.

Yes - the Allach section is quite nice - the fencer is a repro but the big ceramic vase is a highlight!

They also have three Gahr brooches on display of which I am of the opinion that only one has a chance to be original.

But certain other goodies are unique and cannot be examined anywhere else worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                      Gaston,

I wonder, how many of the original items there are only 175 euro?

Comment

Maybe this one is good enough for your high standards.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dmv (and Lucius and other who like these items),

I had to do some digging yesterday to find the item i had in mind, but have found it. It is actually some sort of female dress buckle, but then inspired by a much older history. I got it a few years ago with a group of all unrelated mainly Weimar era items (some medals and tinnies). I could never place it but it has those similar round flower-like design as on the brooch of Dmv. While more looking at that brooch it does indeed seem less German. Still thought i'd share this picture as it fits quite well in this topic. I have no further knowledge of it, other than that it came from a period group of all good items.

Best regards,
                          Gaston
                          Attached Files

Comment

Besides an 800 mark on the obverse (no silver) there is also faintly visible a makers mark on the reverse, perhaps anyone recognises it?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Not completely sure anymore, but i think this brooch may have arrived with the same group of items:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Gaston, will post a photo of the back soon. (just need to take the photo)
                                I did got that brooch out of Germany for whatever that's worth.

Here a photo of another brooch I got... (nothing SS, but hey it's a cultural thread)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X