Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's an interesting Putsch card from my collection that you don't often see.
    Attached Files

Comment

Indeed you don't! I haven't seen it before. Many thanks for sharing it, Erich. Is there anything on the reverse?

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
        Indeed you don't! I haven't seen it before. Many thanks for sharing it, Erich. Is there anything on the reverse?

Br. James
        Thanks, no the card was unused. This card is an art card due to the fact that no photos exist of the actual event.

Comment

Thanks again, Erich. This card is an example of what today we would call the results of "photo-shop" technology -- where Hitler is standing would have been covered with the barbed-wire barricade that the Green Police set up on 11/9/23. But it's great to see this!

Br. James

Comment

I just picked up this cool photo card and it's the first like it that I have seen.
            Attached Files

Comment

Great photo! Probably dates from early 33 as the men are not wearing shoulderboards.
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
                Great photo! Probably dates from early 33 as the men are not wearing shoulderboards.
                Erich
                Thanks Erich, I would love to have the Funeral sash in my collection!

Comment

Another rare FHH card for your collection, Erich; congrats! I have never seen this particular representation of the rear center of the pavilion with its bronze “army monument,” which was placed there by Prince Regent Luitpold in 1892. And it appears to have an honor guard of an SA and an SS Man. Anything interesting on the reverse?

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                    Another rare FHH card for your collection, Erich; congrats! I have never seen this particular representation of the rear center of the pavilion with its bronze “army monument,” which was placed there by Prince Regent Luitpold in 1892. And it appears to have an honor guard of an SA and an SS Man. Anything interesting on the reverse?

Br. James
                    Hi Br. James, nothing on the reverse and a card I couldn't pass up.

Comment

Thanks Erich; just wondering if the reverse might have had the publisher's name. Again, a fine addition to your collection.

Br. James

Comment

HJ pilgrims at the Feldherrnhalle

Comment

Originally posted by Odulf View Post
                          HJ pilgrims at the Feldherrnhalle

No, that's the Ehrentempel. A nice shot!

Comment

And a great shot it was, too, with the vast Königsplatz and the Propyläen gateway onto the plaza stretching out into the background. Thanks for sharing,

Br. James

Comment

Here's another very interesting booklet that I just added to my collection. It's a Party produced publication detailing the events hour by hour of the 1933 anniversary march to the FHH. Also included are many adds supporting the Party. A neat item and the 1st I have seen.
                              Attached Files

Comment

more
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X