This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
    Still I am now the proud owner of a first pattern with matching document and his pair of GPB with document to the youngest ever holder of the Blutorden.

Ah. So now I know where the Franz Maier group went

You're very lucky to have acquired that grouping... I wanted it rather badly myself.

Rob

Comment

One of the more impressive groupings belongs to member Bill Dienna. He owns the cased BO and GPB belonging to early Hitler follower Hermann Fobke. He visited with Fobke's son and has a lot of personal items belonging to him. The cased Blood Order and GPB can be seen in Niemann's book on Awards and if you do a search on Fobke you can find an interesting thread written by Bill on him.

Comment

Amazing Putsch/FHH militaria shown in this post
        Super collections.

Comment

Rob, I did resist it the first time around but couldn't the second.It did clean me out though so no more purchases for a very long time !!! Hopefully so more can be found out about him.I will be posting pictures here on this thread when it comes.

Comment

Maybe this thread should be pinned with all the great Blutorderns and related pieces being posted. Here's one more card from my collection that shows the reason that the BO existed.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
              One of the more impressive groupings belongs to member Bill Dienna. He owns the cased BO and GPB belonging to early Hitler follower Hermann Fobke. He visited with Fobke's son and has a lot of personal items belonging to him. The cased Blood Order and GPB can be seen in Niemann's book on Awards and if you do a search on Fobke you can find an interesting thread written by Bill on him.
              I concur, one of the most amazing theads ever...

Comment

Munich then and now ???

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                Maybe this thread should be pinned with all the great Blutorderns
                and related pieces being posted. Here's one more card from my collection
                that shows the reason that the BO existed.
                ErichS:
                Nice postcard of the putsch martyr coffin covers, a previous WAF thread
                said some of the bronze lettering from same were set into a vets driveway
                in Canada to spell out his address, no kidding. When I was in Munich in 1991
                tourists were using the dirt filled brush covered martyr site base as a public
                toilet, made checking out the site a real challenge for my nose and shoes.

Last edited by oldflagswanted; 04-26-2009, 08:14 PM.
                sigpic
                .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Bo #35

This one came out of the woodwork here and I bought it sans ribbon. Beat up and all. But it did belong to Frick. I owned it for a few years and sent it on at the SOS a few years back. I took this 35mm shot of it in black and white.
                  Last edited by JoeW; 05-16-2009, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Hi Joe, yes I do believe to Craig Gottlieb,he still has it I think. My friend has Sepp Dietrichs Blutorden, number 10.Says I can post some pictures, would anyone like to see it?

Comment

I pinned this thread per the suggestions--great resource on the BO and Kampfzeit. That color postcard of the Ehrentempel is super, ErichS--I don't believe I've seen that one before! Thanks to all that have contributed and please, keep those photos coming.
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

This came in recently.Does anyone recognise the recipient? Note he is sporting the anti-nipple chafe pompoms ! Or does anyone know of another use for those 2 furry balls?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Lovely studio picture.Here is the reverse......
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hochland balls!

More below......................
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Robin Lumsden; 04-27-2009, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Does anyone recognise the recipient?
                              Martin Clunes?

Seriously.................nice group, Jon.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Lovely studio picture.Here is the reverse......
                                Beautiful BO and photo, Jon, but why cover the number ???

Rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 23 users online. 0 members and 23 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X