X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob Hritz, thankyou for posting this important grouping. Amazes me that items like this are coming out yet. Talk about good timing for you to be able to obtain this grouping. Your very fortunate to have been able to make the arrangements for the purchase as I would have to believe the price is other world.

Comment

Astonishingly nice and rare group! Thank you very much for posting this important and unique piece of history!

Comment

I have never even seen or held one, talk about rare !

Comment

One is going up for auction on the upcoming Hermann Historica Auction.

Comment

Just for information having seen this wonderful group and the photo of Dietrich Eckhart, here is his grave as I visited in 2008

Jim
            Attached Files

Comment

I know it's not relevant to this thread, but I will be starting a thread in the Period History Forum on Third Reich grave sites. Should make for an interesting read!

Comment

I was a bit confused when seeing the bump and almost went to HH site, but of course it was an old reply above here.

Does anyone know what price it went for? Also, any pictures?

regards,
                Gaston

Comment

Thank you for sharing these fantastic photos.

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
                    I was a bit confused when seeing the bump and almost went to HH site, but of course it was an old reply above here.

Does anyone know what price it went for? Also, any pictures?

regards,
                    Gaston
                    I think that it went for 20K?

Comment

Don´t worry: there is another one in their coming auction.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                        I have never held or owned one of these badges but it's interesting to note the improvements made by Fuess on the details to the statues, lions etc on the later Blood Order medal.

Comment

Yes, that´s right.

Does anyone has any clue if/whether this firm Fuess left lists of orders, in- and outside docs, numbers of production, drawings/sketches of realized and unrealized prototypes and prime examples behind?

I mean, there ought to be something hidden in some kinda archive.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post

Yes sir and it looks amazing. Now that HH shows the reverse i expect we may see some copies show up after all. So far only found a reverse shown in an old Patzwall "Militaria" magazine.

Still, VERY nice and for sure the minimumprice is a laugh here!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                              Autographs 6
                              A monumental gift to this forum by the most dedicated of collectors. im proud and privledged to be a member of Wehrmacht Awards Forum! Thanks for posting, Carl

Comment

Absolutely amazing to behold. Of course I had no idea whatsoever that such an award even existed.

I regard myself as very fortunate indeed to have stumbled across this forum earlier this year. There is so much wonderful knowledge to be gleaned from the many esteemed experts who regularly post here.

I honestly feel like a small child in the midst of giants, yet I'm very grateful to have been granted the privilege to participate here, even if only as an inexperienced student.

Sincere thanks for sharing these remarkable images and information with the rest of us gentlemen.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X