X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stuff Martin

Comment

MK, now that would be a thread though I think I would be left at the starting gate comparing my collection of ADJV to yours, unless of course we include Ehrenhirschfängern.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
      Plaque is 9"x6.5", it's silvered over a base metal which is probably brass, weighs a ton. Never seen another one and 've no idea if there are any others though I should think there are others out there somewhere, I believe old Fatso did give quite a number of gifts.
      I'll see if I can dig out a few other nice things.

Gary

Comment

Thanks Guys!

Thanks Martin / Gary / Dave C !

This DJ • Deutsche Jägerschaft Thread keeps on getting even more outstanding, with
        each of your fine contributions! Keep the Postings coming! ...Dave/dblmed

Comment

Gary,

Originally posted by Saufaenger kid View Post
          MK, now that would be a thread though I think I would be left at the starting gate comparing my collection of ADJV to yours, unless of course we include Ehrenhirschfängern
          Don't sell yourself short! I know, you have many more ADJV items than I have. And of course, your ADJV Hirschfänger would be a part of the “stuff”.

Gentlemen,

Now for the promised Wehrmacht hunting licenses. As far as I know, these were issued only in North France and Belgium. There are several different pattern and all I’m aware of were printed in local printing houses.

Beside the normal toll-free Wehrmacht hunting license there were the „gebührenfreier Wehrmachtjagdschein A“ and the „gebührenfreier Wehrmachtjagdschein B“. Currently, I only have an A variation but have seen the B variation already. Both the A and B variations were issued to soldiers who had a normal German Jahresjagdschein issued in 1939 or later. While the A variation was valid for all kind of game, the B variation was valid only for small game (no deer, no boars, no roebucks).

Interestingly, my A variation came with a ammunition card (Jagdmunitionskarte).

Now for some statistics. I have copies from the Statistical yearbooks of the Prussian State with statistics of issued hunting licenses for the years 1896 to 1930. These statistics are interesting in so far, as these figures are giving a good and precise idea how rare a Tagesjagdschein is in comparison with a Jahresjagdschein. Unfortunately, I don’t have the statistical figures of the III. Reich – but the Prussian figures will not differ seriously from the III. Reich figures – at least, as the percentage is concerned.

Let’s take the year 1911/12 as an example (1911/12 was an average year – the figures of the other years are similar):

Total of hunting licenses issued: 196,001 (= 100%)
          Jahresjagdscheine (yellow): 154,503 (= 78.82 %)
          Tagesjagdscheine (red): 25,550 (= 13. 04 %)
          Gebührenfreie Jagdscheine (white): 15,164 (= 7.74 %)
          Jahrejagdscheine for foreigners (yellow with green Andrew’s cross): 265 (= 0.14 %)
          Tagesjagdscheine for foreigners (red with green Andrew’s cross): 519 (= 0.26 %)

Now you know, why a Tagesjagdschein and a toll-fee Jagdschein, respectively, are rarer than the one year hunting license – not to mention the licenses for foreigners.

Best regards

Martin

Comment

I'll try and keep this group in some kind of date order, the first few are within the Weimar period, all are to the same guy, Kurt Wessel, these start off with him being a Hilfsjäger and end with him as Oberforstwart.

Gary
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 21 users online. 0 members and 21 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X