Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrmacht soldier with a 3,7 cm Pak

Comment

It has been a while since I started this thread so long ago and I'm glad it is still going strong.

After my Onkel's death in Germany on the 10th of this month I was going through some old photos I had colorized for him and found this very early effort while I was still in school for Graphic Design around 1998. It's not the best of my works but I thought I would share it. He was very fond of Panzers and the first model I ever built with him was an Elephant in Kursk colors.

At the time I wasn't aware of the silver piping on SS caps and went with pink waffenfarbe for the piping. His Panzer assault badge from the Hoffman color image also was bronze not silver. At the time I did not have this available either. So remember, the effort here is very junior.

So here it is. A famous image.
      Attached Files

Comment

One of the early things I was attempting to get was that amber appearance to some early color film stock. In this image you can see I also changed the color of the leather belt in addition to trying to get this certain look. Im not sure which image is better but it was back when i was experimenting a lot with variations.

One of the fun things about colorizing these images is the amount of variation you can get if you just adjust curves, levels, contrast, and experiment some.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Lloyd I.; 01-14-2011, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Nice... I like that one. You did a nice job. I know everyone tries to get the colors of awards and small details correct in color, but sometimes its nice to do what YOU think looks good as well. I think thats part of the creativity. But it is also fun to try and get things exactly correct and proper too. You guys do a great job. Im still trying to learn and do not know how to use all the different tools yet. Im lucky if I can get the correct colors to come out nicely in the photo. I have alot of trouble with the background details

Comment

Imi, I never really looked at the "black wings" photo.......but thats seriously good. There is ALOT of minute detail that you did an outstanding job on. The skin and hair etc. looks so real. You really brought that one to life

Comment

im still learning. I think Im getting the hang of a few things, but Im still not using the tools really
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
                Imi, I never really looked at the "black wings" photo.......but thats seriously good. There is ALOT of minute detail that you did an outstanding job on. The skin and hair etc. looks so real. You really brought that one to life
                I'm always try to do my best,but I'm not really in the U.S. Army usually I paint german military.
                I try the search good quality ww2 photos from the U.S. Army but found not too much in the internet.(quality soviet images also)
                Keep up the good work,your dog picture is very nice.
                Better quality image always made better colors!
                bye

Comment

POW from the Red Army with Waffen SS soldiers on a truck
                  Last edited by imi; 01-15-2011, 02:56 PM.

Comment

thats a cool photo IMI.
                    Heres another one from my collection. HJ boy. Just couldnt get the hair right on this one.....owell, I know I suck...but its still fun as hell.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
                      thats a cool photo IMI.
                      Heres another one from my collection. HJ boy. Just couldnt get the hair right on this one.....owell, I know I suck...but its still fun as hell.
                      Looks pretty good to Me 12th! For that matter all of the photos are well done and very interesting to see!
                      That 3.7 pak looks well used, But look how clean it is!!! Well cared for and loved by it's crew!
                      Kevin

Comment

Thanks alot Kevin. But these other guys are amazing, and Im not anywhere near as artistic as any of em. But like I said before, Its still a blast to color some photos from your own collection especially.

Heres another one from my collection:

"Who wears SHORT SHORTS??"
                        Attached Files

Comment

Color photo from a Wehrmacht soldier

Comment

dont really know where to take this one from here on.....owell
                            Attached Files

Comment

Color photo from a Wehrmacht officer on a horse

Comment

Wehrmacht Panzertruppe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X