Colorizing photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generaloberst Wilhelm Guderian
    Last edited by imi; 01-30-2011, 05:39 AM.

Comment

nice, Imi I like the Guderian one youve done.
      Here is one from my collection. Im still learning and I am having trouble with backgrounds. But I just hope Im getting better, not worse. haha
      Shoot. I just realized I didnt do his collartabs
      Attached Files

Comment

hello again, dont let this one die!

a few commies:

Pavel Belov:

Nikolai Berzarin:

Aleksandr Gorbatov:

Ivan Zakharkin:

Carl Rodenburg:

best regards,
        matteus

Comment

france: Henri Schweisguth:

South Africa:

Daniel Pienaar:

UK; Philip Hicks:

Comment

This is a FANTASTIC thread! I haven't seen it until now. I'm looking forward to pulling some of my photos and giving this a whirl!

Comment

Well here's my first attempt 2 or 3 hours in. It's obviously nowhere near done but it's fun and I wanted to share. The great part is that I have his soldbuch so I can match his hair and eye colour.
              Attached Files

Comment

Fallen german infantrymen in France.Summer of 1944

Comment

Best programme for colourising photos??

Firstly I would just like to say how impressed I am by the quality of the coloured photos illustrated in the thread and congratulate those involved - and what a great idea it is to have a thread like this on the Forum !! Many of the photos are absolutely amazing, even down to the smallest details. The whole idea has totally fascinated me after seeing what so many of you have done.
                  My question is:
                  What is the best programme - (hopefully not too complicated to understand) that I could use as a COMPLETE BEGINNER. I am a practicing professional artist (www.terrenceharrison.com) and exhibit regularly so my knowledge of colour and colour theory is pretty good but I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to photo programmes and colourising photos. As a hobby I have collected military photos for many years and I have a vast stock many of which would make really interesting examples to work on and colourise, - so, how do I go about it – from a beginners point of view??
                  (The installed programme I have on my computer is Adobe Photoshop CS4 extended, - is that any good?)
                  I look forward to any advice and tips that you may be able to give me.
                  Terry.

Comment

Hi !

One of my best recolored pic.

Berlin, 1936.

Comment

Originally posted by terry.h View Post
                      Firstly I would just like to say how impressed I am by the quality of the coloured photos illustrated in the thread and congratulate those involved - and what a great idea it is to have a thread like this on the Forum !! Many of the photos are absolutely amazing, even down to the smallest details. The whole idea has totally fascinated me after seeing what so many of you have done.
                      My question is:
                      What is the best programme - (hopefully not too complicated to understand) that I could use as a COMPLETE BEGINNER. I am a practicing professional artist (www.terrenceharrison.com) and exhibit regularly so my knowledge of colour and colour theory is pretty good but I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to photo programmes and colourising photos. As a hobby I have collected military photos for many years and I have a vast stock many of which would make really interesting examples to work on and colourise, - so, how do I go about it – from a beginners point of view??
                      (The installed programme I have on my computer is Adobe Photoshop CS4 extended, - is that any good?)
                      I look forward to any advice and tips that you may be able to give me.
                      Terry.
                      Terry,

I started out and still use Photoshop 5.5 which might seem like a dinosaur but it's easy. I've got CS Elements on a flash drive and occasionally use that as well. Others might use GIMP and I've used that before too a great deal but I find Photoshop to still be the easiest in terms of starting. The vast array of filters, adjusting tools and brushes are easiest to get a grasp on.

The biggest thing to remember when colorizing B&W photos is to remember that opacity setting. You simply have to let the original through. You can also adjust the variations, curves, contrast, levels and hues afterwords. Those last adjustments are key because you can actually increase the effect of colorizing at the end.

Looking forward to seeing your work as you get rolling. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiflo 62 View Post
                        Hi !

One of my best recolored pic.

Berlin, 1936.

That's seriously impressive.

Comment

Hitler bodyguard Rochus Misch at the Führerhauptquartier

Comment

U.S. sniper cleaning his rifle in Velletri Italy

Comment

Luftwaffe Feldwebel in Russia 1942

Comment

Unidentified Luftwaffe Pow.Weyvertz Belgium

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X