AH signed photo with silver frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by praubal View Post
    Simple......Show me a fake....they dont exist. Imposdibke to get right and just no demand
    You are wrong. I have seen a fake AH presentation frame. It was quite well constructed, but the eagle and swastika motif was the giveaway. It was at a militaria show in the UK several years ago. I'm sure there are others. To suggest there is no market is plainly incorrect. I know of one of these (with its original photo and presentation box) that sold for £18000 about ten years ago. It went to Sweden. That sort of money prompts forgers to make them. Nowadays, they'll have a go at anything. It's also common for dealers to have an empty frame and try and locate a signed photo to go inside it, multiplying the value. (By the way, the photo in the above mentioned fake frame was authentic.)
    Max.

Comment

Hello, I also have heard of exquisite fakes along the lines of Regency silver quality from the late 80s/90s. A partnership of fake leather craftsmanship and silver workmanship. But not really my field. Hope I'm wrong. Bill

Comment

I think safer to assume everything is faked, and fake-able.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
          You are wrong. I have seen a fake AH presentation frame. It was quite well constructed, but the eagle and swastika motif was the giveaway. It was at a militaria show in the UK several years ago. I'm sure there are others. To suggest there is no market is plainly incorrect. I know of one of these (with its original photo and presentation box) that sold for £18000 about ten years ago. It went to Sweden. That sort of money prompts forgers to make them. Nowadays, they'll have a go at anything. It's also common for dealers to have an empty frame and try and locate a signed photo to go inside it, multiplying the value. (By the way, the photo in the above mentioned fake frame was authentic.)
          Max.
          So then lets see one!! I need to see one if as you claim they exist.....its the same as claiming russian interference with Trump......ckaim after claim after claim...but guesx what no evidence....anyone can claim.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
            There is plenty of demand and with today's technology it could be done, and I have heard from other members that it is being done. I prefer to believe the opinions which make common sense. All high end TR items are faked. Even AH items are not free from imitations.

It could be done....its probably been done.....thats no good....whetrs your evidence?
            Nothing

Comment

Several were made in Birmingham by a silversmith firm about 10-15 years back for a US based Dealer and yes i have seen them i havent got one so i cant show you but they were done as i remember 12 were done

Comment

It could be done....its probably been done.....thats no good....whetrs your evidence?
                Nothing
                no different to any of your posts then, praubal...

Comment

So then lets see one!! I need to see one if as you claim they exist.....its the same as claiming russian interference with Trump......ckaim after claim after claim...but guesx what no evidence....anyone can claim.....
                  What a ridiculous statement. Do you honestly believe I would make up a story and blatantly lie about it? To what end? What do I gain? And do you expect me to magic up the one I saw several years ago, just like that?
                  Anyway, I don't give a toss if you don't believe me...that's your choice. It falls in line with your usual declarations which you expect everyone to accept, but are not prepared to listen when someone disagrees with you. Just what are your credentials? And please let us uninitiated "liars" into your secret of how you declare things "100% correct" by seeing a quick blurred image on your PC. I learnt sometime back to treat your declarations with a pinch of salt. After all, Jeremy is right...you never provide evidence yourself.

Comment

Nothing
                    Dude, you're in the wrong hobby with an attitude like that.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
                      What a ridiculous statement. Do you honestly believe I would make up a story and blatantly lie about it? To what end? What do I gain? And do you expect me to magic up the one I saw several years ago, just like that?
                      Anyway, I don't give a toss if you don't believe me...that's your choice. It falls in line with your usual declarations which you expect everyone to accept, but are not prepared to listen when someone disagrees with you. Just what are your credentials? And please let us uninitiated "liars" into your secret of how you declare things "100% correct" by seeing a quick blurred image on your PC. I learnt sometime back to treat your declarations with a pinch of salt. After all, Jeremy is right...you never provide evidence yourself.

Funny man mr history....so your proof is YOU saw one that YOU believed to be bad.....hmmmm not really proof is it.
                      Last edited by praubal; 05-25-2017, 12:19 PM.

Comment

There are no fakes of this or his silverware..just waf storytellers who call othets troll when they cannot back up their story

Comment

Originally posted by CPB View Post
                          Dude, you're in the wrong hobby with an attitude like that.

Dude? How old are you?
                          Last edited by praubal; 05-25-2017, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Funny man mr history....so your proof is YOU saw one that YOU believed to be bad.....hmmmm not really proof is it.
                            Actually that is direct evidence in law, i.e. proof. It's a bit more than the lack of evidence you've provided, i.e. none. A bit like all the other evidence you've provided throughout this forum to back up your statements, i.e. NONE. For example, your declaration in http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=906949 that this uniform is a
                            Very beautiful and genuine uniform.
                            when it is plainly not an authentic Pohl tunic. Oh dear, where's your credibility now?

Comment

Max, the one you refer to 10 years ago, that was the one to the Egyptian ambassador in Berlin right? Funny, I met his wife once where I worked, she sold it to a London silversmith , it ended up at HH via a couple of English dealers.
                              Yes they are faked, out of England.

Comment

Jon,
                                I believe it was signed and dedicated as a presentation piece to Lord Londonderry, but I do remember the Egyptian ambassador one also.
                                Max.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X