AH signed photo with silver frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by max history View Post
    Actually that is direct evidence in law, i.e. proof. It's a bit more than the lack of evidence you've provided, i.e. none. A bit like all the other evidence you've provided throughout this forum to back up your statements, i.e. NONE. For example, your declaration in http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=906949 that this uniform is a

when it is plainly not an authentic Pohl tunic. Oh dear, where's your credibility now?

You are such a condisending know it all arent you mr history....you think you know best with your little coterie of waf lapdogs who clap your every comment.
    Evidence in law? YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE...JUST YOUR BLIMP SIZE EGO

Comment

You are without doubt tne most arrogant rude, know it all I have ever 'met'
      You deem to cast your expert opinion over all and sundry and God help anyone who disagrees with you...as they arent as good as you...everyone else's opinion is inferior in your world mr history
      By the way the comments made by Iclaudius were worth reading re Pohls tunic....but of course Pohl lived and died in his Litewka didnt he mr history....
      Last edited by praubal; 05-25-2017, 06:32 PM.

Comment

I have not seen one but have been told of them and their out of Europe, the silver has definitly been done although not very well and examples are in fact on the web. The napkin rings are not believed to have ever existed and have no provenance and at least one cigarette box is out there. A lot of this material never makes it to the U.S but now many fakes are showing their geography more clearly with Facebook or at least confirming it. Not worth fighting about, and not all information is available on forums in regards to fakes. Just because you don't see it does not mean its not there.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't think there will be more photos. These group of dedicated photos are in the hands of one of the heirs of the former Argentinian ambassador to Germany Eduardo Labougle from 1932 to 1939. A grandson I believe is the owner now. He wanted to sell it, but the deal had to be done in Argentina and fast. Really fast. Too fast for me. Later I received some information indicating that there was some kind of issue with the estate-inheritance of the ambassador. I suspect the hurry to sell was related to a inheritance matter. Too risky and too muddy for me.

I knew about this group of photos from a good friend of mine who is an author-Ww2 historian in Argentina. He just wrote a book about the ambassador and as part of his research he interviewed one of his daughters, who mentioned the photos. She never showed them to him. She died some months after the interview and soon enough one of her sons contacted my friend asking help to sell the group. He first tried to sell it to a pawn shop in Buenos Aires but they offered peanuts to him, so the deal fell off.

When my offer was not enough, I suggested to him via my friend to sell it in an auction setting. I even offered to travel to Argentina and work some kind of a deal. But the owner was not interested. He wanted to sell it really fast via a personal meeting in Buenos Aires. To much drama for me.

I will post the rest of the photos to your enjoyment.

Sal

Comment

Ggg
            Attached Files

Comment

Hshs
              Attached Files

Comment

Ghsgs
                Attached Files

Comment

Kndje
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hshsgg
                    Attached Files

Comment

Lkksmd
                      Attached Files

Comment

Sssdf
                        Attached Files

Comment

Llsdj
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hdhdhddd
                            Attached Files

Comment

One last thing. I had the opportunity of reading a 20 pages Spanish written letter dated 1939 from the ambassador to an Argentinian minister. Really interesting stuff. On the letter the photos are mentioned in two occasions, along with the tale of the ambassadors last conversations with Hitler, Goring and Himmler before leaving Germany in 1939. It seems the ambassador was really liked by the political leaders of Hitler's Germany. Fascinating stuff. The letter was part of the documents my friend obtained for his research on Mr. Labougle.

Here is the book titled "In the eye of the hurricane." (My translation)

Sal
                              Attached Files

Comment

Great items - thanks for sharing.

Praubal, get a grip of yourself; name calling on this forum is pathetic. Max disagrees with your approach to blindly and consistently stating something is "100% authentic" usually based on an unclear photo. The way to respond is with some 'evidence' of your own (which you require of others) instead of spitting the dummy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X