AH signed photo with silver frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AH signed photo with silver frame

Who is the resident expert in AH signed photos with silver frames?

I have an important lead/tip and need to consult the knowledgeable people.

There are also other silver frames and high ranking personalities of the TR coming out of the woodwork.

I'm not at the liberty of showing photos publicly yet, the owner has not authorized me. But we may get there.

Sal

Opinions on the signature and writing please.
    Attached Files

Comment

No expert

I am no expert but that looks a dodgey one to me !

Comment

I think you will need a better photograph of the signature and writing for a good assessment. Can you get it out of the frame without damaging it ?

Comment

They are even faking the frames now.

Comment

Is 100% correct.

Comment

The frame looks fine to me...but it would be nice to see the Wellner mark on the reverse. The difference between the ink color of the AH signature and the date written below it is a concern. Did Hitler actually present an example of his Hoffmann portrait with a PRINTED signature in his unique silver frame?? I am also not familiar enough with Hitler's handwriting to identify that date line of text as his own, but it may be that he added that line himself and since the ink looked dark enough to match his printed signature on this photo when he wrote it, he let it be presented like this. Then, over the decades, the handwritten ink faded while the printed signature remained sharp, and we wind up with the way this piece looks today.

This is just a thought on my part...I too am anxious to read the comments of others here who are much more familiar with Hitler's handwriting.

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

The answer to your question is 'no, he didn't'. These frames were personal gifts from Hitler and he wouldn't condone a printed signature.
                All the silver frames I have seen were personally presented to named individuals with ink signed signatures and dedications. It's a bit strange that this one is not named, but that doesn't make it fake. However, any serious assessment cannot be made on this image alone. It looks OK, but a genuine authentication can only be achieved by physical examination or much improved images of the handwriting and signature.
                BTW, can you confirm the date is 1933?
                Max.

Comment

Thanks for this, Max; I didn't think so. As to the date, it does appear to be 1933, but that portrait photo of Hitler wasn't photographed until late 1935...? Hopefully we can see what the photo looks like in close-up and outside of the frame.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                    They are even faking the frames now.

No...they are not.

Comment

I have heard otherwise. How do you know they are not? They are faking everything else & this photo is not clear. It's hard to prove a negative.

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                        Thanks for this, Max; I didn't think so. As to the date, it does appear to be 1933, but that portrait photo of Hitler wasn't photographed until late 1935...? Hopefully we can see what the photo looks like in close-up and outside of the frame.

Br. James
                        Hello, I think that is 1939. Best, Bill

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                          I have heard otherwise. How do you know they are not? They are faking everything else & this photo is not clear. It's hard to prove a negative.

Simple......Show me a fake....they dont exist. Imposdibke to get right and just no demand

Comment

There is plenty of demand and with today's technology it could be done, and I have heard from other members that it is being done. I prefer to believe the opinions which make common sense. All high end TR items are faked. Even AH items are not free from imitations.

Comment

Hello, here is a well known AH presentation photo and frame to Reza Shah of Iran 1936. It has an enlarged, bold AH signature and writing in several tints. It has a left facing eagle. Best, Bill
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X