X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started a thread a few years ago cataloging signed examples here;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=643022

Comment

Hello Sal, and thanks for the follow up photos. My guess all of these were received at a gala event on his departure from Germany 1939. They are all dated 1939, tough for me to read the months. I can only imagine the intrigue amongst all.
      Here is an enlargement of the AH date, I believe to be 1939. Best, Bill Bourque
      Attached Files

Comment

Praubal,
        I won’t get personal like you - typical of someone who won’t admit they are wrong. However, I mentioned the post by I Claudius in http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=906949 because he is mistaken
        Originally posted by I Claudius View Post
        ...if you don't think this is representative of the uniform style worn particularly by Oswald Pohl I'd recommend a 30 second Google search. This exactly the type of jacket and ensemble he preferred and wore and was pictured in many times. May I recommend Höcker's Auschwitz album? Very good pics of him in this style of tunic but clearly not this one in particular. Which is exactly what would make it either real or a very focused and cleverly assembled item...
        The tunic illustrated is not a Litewka style tunic which was favoured strongly by Oswald Pohl. Pohl wore his Litewka to Auschwitz and is shown wearing it in the Höcker album photos. I cannot find one image of Pohl wearing the style of tunic illustrated as suggested by I Claudius.
        If you can show me one image of Pohl wearing this style tunic, I will gladly admit my mistake, unlike you.
        As described by several other people in this thread, you are also clearly wrong about fake AH silver frames. Or are they also liars?
        Max.

BTW, thank you, Salvatore, for posting these lovely items.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
          Praubal,
          I won’t get personal like you - typical of someone who won’t admit they are wrong. However, I mentioned the post by I Claudius in http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=906949 because he is mistaken

The tunic illustrated is not a Litewka style tunic which was favoured strongly by Oswald Pohl. Pohl wore his Litewka to Auschwitz and is shown wearing it in the Höcker album photos. I cannot find one image of Pohl wearing the style of tunic illustrated as suggested by I Claudius.
          If you can show me one image of Pohl wearing this style tunic, I will gladly admit my mistake, unlike you.
          As described by several other people in this thread, you are also clearly wrong about fake AH silver frames. Or are they also liars?
          Max.

BTW, thank you, Salvatore, for posting these lovely items.

Your premise is then that if the figure in question is never pictured in a questionable tunic...it didnt exist?
          Thats is sheer nonsense....do you really believe that statment? You dont have to agree with my opinion as i do not with yours...dont you see its the way you denounce others with your high andmighty attitude that really annoys people.

I purchased the frame and dedicated picture sold by Last Reich many years ago for a very good price...i have seen and own many rare items so my opinion is not that of an amateur. My last word as i. Sure you will be happy to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by hs132 View Post
            Hello Sal, and thanks for the follow up photos. My guess all of these were received at a gala event on his departure from Germany 1939. They are all dated 1939, tough for me to read the months. I can only imagine the intrigue amongst all.
            Here is an enlargement of the AH date, I believe to be 1939. Best, Bill Bourque
            You are absolutely correct Bill. From the letter the gala event was celebrated on the 28 of June 1939, in Victor Lutze house, 3 days before he left Germany. The ambassador describes it as a very lavish event with over 100 people attending. He relates with detail the tension between the French ambassador and Lutze during a conversation late at night.

There is also a great tale about trip from Berlin to Hitler's house a couple of days before. In the train ride he was accompanied by Himmler and both talked a great deal. Nevertheless, the ambassador explain that the details of the conversation with the SS leader will be better told to the Argentinian minister verbally!

The conversation with Hitler on the other hand was related in great detail in the letter. He was received in the Fuhrerbau very warmly and talked for a long time with Hitler.

Sal

Comment

Praubal,
              Well, actually we are all amateurs, so you are. I'm not happy to hear you are withdrawing without backing up your statements as usual. I would prefer you remained and substantiated your claims.
              In the absence of unquestionable provenance, we can only use the balance of probabilities. You accuse me of what you are guilty of yourself - because you haven't seen a fake silver frame, they don't exist. Or am I mistaken in my assessment of your argument? The sad thing is that you accuse others who have seen them of lying.
              You have in so many words, called me a liar. You have also accused me of being rude and insulted me. Anyone who agrees with me is labelled by you a “WAF lapdog”. I am not going to call you names like you have chosen to do. Instead, I’ll post here a cross-section of the examples of your past declarations and leave it up to whoever wants to read them to decide for themselves.

On fake silver frames, you seem to be mistaken here also.....
              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...18#post7737318
              Seems like I’m not the only one who has seen repro silver frames.

And in this one you completely overlook the later formal RK documents....
              Originally posted by praubal View Post
              Why do people perpetuate the ridiculous myth of a Hitler Autopen.....?
              Thee was no such thing used by him or his secretaries...never mentioned in any of their memoirs etc...and no evidence of such a device
              And this one....
              Original....see how it bleeds onto the attached fibres
              ...completely overlooking that stamped signatures also use ink.

Here you make a habit of upsetting other forum members (page 192)
              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...27#post7711627

I had to laugh at this comment by you about a Hitler autograph....
              Nice original...probably for a child who always carried pencils for such a visit
              Really? ‘Musn’t forget my pencils, mum...Hitler might pop round!’

In this one you positively authenticate an obvious forgery....
              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=897470

Some people demand explanations where an explaination is not needed...we say. .the sky is blue... they then demand to know why it is blue....instead of admiring the sky itself. And they are for the most part crashing bores.
              Sound familiar? So why should people believe your eyes in this thread and not mine?
              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=891433

I love this one. It’s a praubal gem....
              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...16#post7592516
              He must have asked Himmler to autograph it...it was not correct to have another sign on a Führer doc of that sort I would think
              Are you serious? You obviously don’t know much about Third Reich documentation, yet you often declare something “100% genuine” from poor images.

You have ignored repeated requests for you to back up your statements of authenticity – something you insist on from others. What is it that people say? “A little knowledge is dangerous.” In your case, it is extremely hazardous for people who listen to your unsubstantiated waffle.
              Max.

Comment

You clearly have too much time on your hands...why not take up a hobby mr history....maybe another 'best seller?

Comment

Yes, I'm retired, but I'll always find time to answer unjustified accusations of me lying.

Comment

Another beauty which clearly illustrates how praubal is adept at insulting people here who disagree with him.
                    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=878355
                    And the common denominator? No evidence to back up his claims. Surprise, surprise!

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
                      Yes, I'm retired, but I'll always find time to answer unjustified accusations of me lying.

What a shame.....try golf...less stressful im told.

Comment

What a shame.....try golf...less stressful im told.
                        Try this, http://writing-skills.com/five-annoy...s-use-ellipsis

Comment

There are no fakes of this or his silverware..just waf storytellers who call othets troll when they cannot back up their story
                          No silverware fakes ? not the napkin rings (made in UK) boxes (made in UK) and at least 12 photo frames (made in UK) maybe yours is one of these (just a thought)

Comment

I think there's enough people who support the fact that fake AH silver frames do exist, contrary to what praubal has said. I hope that forum users can now see that his knowledge is not as great as he himself thinks and that future declarations of his, without any back-up, should not be taken seriously.

Comment

So - back to the AH silver frame originally pictured - if it came with the rest of the illustrious framed autographs I think we can assume it is part of a good group.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                                So - back to the AH silver frame originally pictured - if it came with the rest of the illustrious framed autographs I think we can assume it is part of a good group.
                                I dont think there was a serious doubt on the frame to begin with. Must admit the signature looks a lot nicer after the flop.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X