Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOOKS LIKE A (Gebirgsjager) SKI TROOPER INSIGNIA

Comment

In #420 it's a Jaeger cap badge and #421 is a Motor Vehicle drivers Badge in Silver or Gold..hard to tell.

Originally posted by Maigewitter View Post
      Concerning post #420: What kind of badge is he wearing on the left side of his cap?

and

post #421: What kind of badge is he wearing on his left cuff?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thanks so far.

But how could a tank man wear a Jäger badge? As far as I know there werent any tank units in the Jäger divisions? Did the Panzerjäger units in the Jäger divisions maybe wear tank uniforms?

Comment

SOME TANKS UNITS ALSO WEAR THE EDELWEISS IN THE VISOR CAP

Comment

Im not talking about an Edelweiss badge, but about the Jäger badge. I also dont know any tank unit that wore the Edelweiss badge.

And by the way a little hint, dont use caps lock all the time.

Comment

Lieproo....the use of all CAPS is interpreted as shouting!!

Maigewitter,

The man could have been assigned to a Jaeger Division that had a Recon Battalion and also a Anti-Tank Battalion. They would possibly wear black or Grey wraps respectively.....for example the 97th or the 100th Jaeger Divisions. The 1st Ski Jaeger Division wore the ski jaeger badge on their caps.

In reference to the Edelweiss Badge I have many photos with Luftwaffe personnel wearing the Edelweiss Cap Badge on their Caps and also Zoll Polizei wearing them and we know they weren't mountain troops. So sometimes it is hard to explain why they were wearing them except maybe they were attached to such a unit that was authorized the wearing of the badge.

Originally posted by Maigewitter View Post
              Im not talking about an Edelweiss badge, but about the Jäger badge. I also dont know any tank unit that wore the Edelweiss badge.

And by the way a little hint, dont use caps lock all the time.
              Last edited by W Petz; 12-30-2008, 06:49 AM.

Comment

I agree, it is a Jäger badge on the cap and why he is wearing it is a good question (was normally noted in the Soldbuch). If I am not mistaken Schade is wearing a silver drivers badge (I have some of his documents and will have to look). Bill, I will send you scans of the Felddiv album and thanks for the card!

Comment

Thanks for your replies.

Comment

Hi

Here my contribution...

Phil.

Comment

-Bill
                      Thanks for the information on the StuG mans name, nothing I recognize, maybe I have just seen someone familiar to him then

And Scott, lovely barret pics from you as well!

Comment

Thanks for sharing ardennes1944

Pz.Rgt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                          Lieproo....the use of all CAPS is interpreted as shouting!!

Maigewitter,

The man could have been assigned to a Jaeger Division that had a Recon Battalion and also a Anti-Tank Battalion. They would possibly wear black or Grey wraps respectively.....for example the 97th or the 100th Jaeger Divisions. The 1st Ski Jaeger Division wore the ski jaeger badge on their caps.

In reference to the Edelweiss Badge I have many photos with Luftwaffe personnel wearing the Edelweiss Cap Badge on their Caps and also Zoll Polizei wearing them and we know they weren't mountain troops. So sometimes it is hard to explain why they were wearing them except maybe they were attached to such a unit that was authorized the wearing of the badge.

Petz , in part you are right . Now check out this thread about a panzerjager mountain troop.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=edelweiss

Comment

I just got back a little awhile ago from my trip to the Flonheim show in Germany....I found some nice pics.

Flonheim - Jan09 - Panzermanner #1
                            Here are two Komrades keeping watch on their Panzer III. Reverse side has written...... 27.11.43. Auf posten im Frankreich mit meinem fruend
                            Attached Files

Comment

a new panzer portrait in my collection.
                              Greetings. Ian

Comment

PAB in wear
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X