MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there beautifull women on WW2 pics??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chorus line, WH-Helferin style:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Indeed Henny von Schirach was both brave and beautiful.

Br. James

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

chorusline is not bad at all

Comment

Maybe not a pinup but still attractive.
            Attached Files

Comment

I have always thought the young Belgian girl passing Tiger 312 in the Ardennes was pretty!
              sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
              www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Write your own caption....
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Wartime Collectables View Post
                  Here's one:

"I am so tired of seeing this picture - on this thread alone it probably appears 5 times - it's even on eBay - too bad it is impossible to 'unpost' a photo from the Internet."

Comment

Originally posted by checkit View Post
                    Here's one:
                    "I am so tired of seeing this picture - on this thread alone it probably appears 5 tryimes - it's even on eBay - too bad it is impossible to 'unpost' a photo from the Internet."
                    Oops sorry, I don't have much free time to cruise the web and haven't seen all 73 pages here. Just came across this one and thought it was funny.
                    Here's another instead.
                    Attached Files

Comment

She looks like the bad guy in some creepy old British Movie.

I flew off the handle and am sorry for that. There has been much discussion in another forum about photoshop-altered images, images of reenactors and images from movies which are being treated by the media as original period photos. Some are of the opinion "So what? Still it's a neat photo" while others see no place for altered or fantasy photos in the context of historical discussion. I myself am into original old photos and feel that we are making quite a mess that will be difficult for future historians to sort out.
                      Last edited by checkit; 05-21-2018, 08:42 AM.

Comment

please excuse this 'work' done only to clarify. mod please remove if need be.
                        Attached Files

Comment

#1088 - girls in tarnjacke and eyepatched man in tarnmuetze: pretty sure these are polish resisters in warsaw or other uprising place; tho if so, unusually upbeat considering their likely fate!

Comment

I think this often-used image is a still from a postwar 1950s movie. anyhow, very likable!

Originally posted by Wartime Collectables View Post

Comment

Originally posted by checkit View Post
                              She looks like the bad guy in some creepy old British Movie.
                              After WWII she converted to Roman Catholicism and went to live at the Our Lady of Bethlehem Convent in Columbus, Ohio. She taught German, French, and music at St. Joseph Academy, Columbus. In 1973 she returned to Ohio Wesleyan University to complete her degree. Her death was from colon cancer at Grant Medical Center in Columbus on June 25, 1988.

Her name was Mildred Gillars but most people remember her as Axis Sally.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 24 users online. 0 members and 24 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X