Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Visiting Bishop and a mascot.
              Attached Files

Comment

In my Mailbox, not sure:

Comment

No writing on the reverse? the type of building in the background is telling me it is a POW Camp somewhere in the USA.

Originally posted by Sturmkreuz View Post
                  In my Mailbox, not sure:

Comment

Here is a photo that just arrived today of a German POW in Camp 380
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here is the reverse side of the portrait postcard sent to his mother or his wife....Mutti....I assumed his first name Walther.
                      Attached Files

Comment

This PC Size POW Group photo showed up today.....written on reverse... Fred Damke D-694616 Camp Happendon, Douglas Lanarkshire, Great Britain
                        Attached Files

Comment

I just receive this one in the mail today and posted it on the FJ Forum but it also belongs here. FJ POW in a Camp somewhere in the USA
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                            This one arrived in my post box today as well. POW's Officer Lager Mulsanne, France. Two RKT's in this pic - Bill
                            Hi Bill,

Great photo, and thanks to your posting I now know where the photo I have was taken !

One correction : Not "Two Rk's in this pic" .... but three !

Left to the right: 1 ?, 2 ?, 6 ?.
                            - 3= Horst von Schroeter, U-123, U-2506 (wearing RK, UBoat-clasp and Uboat-badge).
                            - 4= Karl-Heinz Marbach, U-953, U-3014 (only wearing his RK).
                            - 5= Alfred Eick, U-510 (wearing RK, UBoat-badge, cap in right hand).

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

Hi Eric-Jan

Thanks for the information...that's makes that pic much more interesting and I'm glad I was able to help you identify the location for you on your photo. Bill

Originally posted by Eric-Jan Bakker View Post
                              Hi Bill,

Great photo, and thanks to your posting I now know where the photo I have was taken !

One correction : Not "Two Rk's in this pic" .... but three !

Left to the right: 1 ?, 2 ?, 6 ?.
                              - 3= Horst von Schroeter, U-123, U-2506 (wearing RK, UBoat-clasp and Uboat-badge).
                              - 4= Karl-Heinz Marbach, U-953, U-3014 (only wearing his RK).
                              - 5= Alfred Eick, U-510 (wearing RK, UBoat-badge, cap in right hand).

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                                Hi Eric-Jan

Thanks for the information...that's makes that pic much more interesting and I'm glad I was able to help you identify the location for you on your photo. Bill
                                Bill,

Being able to help each other with such a photo as this one makes WAF such a great site !

yours
                                EJ

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X