No announcement yet.

Show us your German POW photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is another. There are a few more from the album but nothing any more special than the ones I have posted.

Mike
    Attached Files

Comment

Mike,

I say they are all special!! Thanks for posting them.

Here is a recent arrival.....POW's which I believe are DAK (some HG) somewhere in the USA ....most likely Texas.

Originally posted by R MICHAEL View Post
      here is another. There are a few more from the album but nothing any more special than the ones I have posted.

Mike
      Attached Files

Comment

thanks Bill and I will agree!

Here is one from a recent grouping I picked up. A couple of Todt men

Mike
        Attached Files

Comment

heres a few of mine from N.Africa or Italy does anyone have any info about this POW camp?
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Yancy,
                It maybe meant to be Camp 306 which was in Egypt.

Camp 306 - Fayid/Bitter lake

Just a possibility.
                DAVID

Comment

Great POW photos guys! I have attached a photo of a Luftwaffe POW in tropical uniform taken in Camp Claiborne, LA. I was lucky enough to acquire his uniform which I will be posting later in the week.
                  andy
                  Attached Files

Comment

POW photo of Hermann Göring member Hermann Peters at Camp Hood Texas.
                    He was captured in Tunisia in May 1943.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Closeup of Mr. Peters on his POW personnel file. He doesn't seem too happy and it states on the reverse that he failed to cooperate with questioning. He later was punished at the camp with 14 days hard labor for failing to remain in formation.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Mr. Peters with "PW" marked US issued clothing.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yancy,

David is correct...Camp 306 in Fayid Egypt was under the jurisdiction of the British Army....you can also tell by by the way their clothing are marked.

T-Mil,

Welcome to this thread with some very nice pics. I really like them. Your comment on the second photo says he is a HG member...How do you know...is that written on the photo?

Bill

Comment

Bill or other. Do you have photos of POW FLAK Soldiers?

Comment

Hi Bill. Happy to be able to contribute photos. One of my main interests in the hobby is DAK POWs in the US. I have included a pic showing that Mr. Peters is listed as "HG" on the front of his personnel file attachment. This was added by his British captors after his transfer. I have other documents from his time as a POW but since they aren't photos perhaps they belong in another thread.
                              andy
                              Attached Files

Comment

"David is correct...Camp 306 in Fayid Egypt was under the jurisdiction of the British Army....you can also tell by by the way their clothing are marked"

David and Bill thanks for that info!!here is a few more from that same grouping i have 12 photos of these POW's all together
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X