No announcement yet.

Show us your German POW photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a fascinating image of Franz von Papen (hat and dark shaded sun glasses) and 2 other figures I haven't been able to ID yet being guarded by an MP. Note the dapper and dignified appearance of v. Papen even after being caught. Interesting image as you can see what guises some top party officials wore to try and escape capture. Can anyone ID the other 2 ? I received this rare image amongst a small grouping of US photos.

-Chuck
    Last edited by para03; 01-05-2006, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Hi Chuck,

Welcome to this thread. Very interesting pic...I believe they are being escourted to a special internment location in Luxembourg. I remember reading somewhere all the big Nazi's where brought there before being transported to Nuernberg for the trials. Maybe some others on this forum can identify who the others are.,,,,anyone??? - Bill

Comment

Here is an interesting captured Nazi
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Bill. I'm very interested to hear what others have to say about this image. There's no writing on back. I have a couple others which I'll post shortly.
          -Chuck

Originally posted by W Petz
          Hi Chuck,

Welcome to this thread. Very interesting pic...I believe they are being escourted to a special internment location in Luxembourg. I remember reading somewhere all the big Nazi's where brought there before being transported to Nuernberg for the trials. Maybe some others on this forum can identify who the others are.,,,,anyone??? - Bill

Comment

Chuck,

I'm sure there are some folks out there that know who they are...I'm also going through my books to see if I can find any reference. Bill

Here are some more pics from Mike Pruett to keep this thread moving along.

Photo 6.
            German prisoners captured by the 3rd U.S. Army gather in the courtyard
            of a chateau north of Lampaden, Germany. 1st Bn., 301st Inf. Reg., 94th
            Inf. Div.
            Comment: Photo dated 16 March 1945. Note there are several Gebirgsjäger
            in the mix.
            Attached Files

Comment

Photo 7.
              German SS trooper being interrogated by Capt. Paul Loeser, Jr., of New
              Rochelle, New York, a member of Team 75, 80th Infantry Division, 3rd
              U.S. Army, Saarburg, Germany.
              Comment: Photo dated 15 March 1945.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is an interesting POW photo from a Canadian POW camp. Note the officer that is 5th from the right on the back row has the blood order ribbon. This is from Internment camp 20 and was sent from Oberleutnant Rudolf Jacky to a Anneliese Weber in Ludwigshafen in 1943. I find it interesting that all but one are wearing their uniforms and have all of their awards which include EK1's, ribbons for EK2's, a Pilots badge and some ribbon bars. I have another from a Canadian POW camp but need to work on my scanner to get a picture. I have a new computer and scanner (supposedly an upgrade) and it is taking forever to get everything to work.
                Richard V

Comment

france 2/45

backside caption: "our 2 many prisoners"
                  Attached Files

Comment

pt. 2
                    Attached Files

Comment

pt. 3
                      Attached Files

Comment

pt. 4
                        Attached Files

Comment

"part of the thousands of german and hungarian prisoners at a camp in emskirchen, germany (june 1945)"
                          Attached Files

Comment

emskirchen 2
                            Attached Files

Comment

emskirchen 3
                              Attached Files

Comment

emskirchen 4
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X