X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trans

It just occurred to me as well.

Comment

Last edited by chiffonnier; 08-20-2020, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Dear forum members! Please help to read and translate these two texts written on WWI photos of disabled MKI English tank. Thanks in advance, Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by photo-war View Post
          Dear forum members! Please help to read and translate these two texts written on WWI photos of disabled MKI English tank. Thanks in advance, Alexander.
          1. Am 11.4. bei Riencours (Arras) von meinem Gruppe abgeschossener Tank<O</O
          2. Tank “Weibchen” (ohne Geschutz, nür mit Masch.(ine) Gew(ehr bewaffnet) von … meiner Gruppe am 11.4.17 bei Riencours (Arras) erlegt
          <O
          Now you can plug those into a web translator, and you should be able to read what they say. </O>
          <O
          best,
          <OHank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

# 5442

The missing word : ...von "Batterien" meiner Gruppe...

Gerdan

Comment

Hank, Gerdan - many thanks!!!!

Comment

btw any chance to read this fragment?

Thanks in advance!
                Alex

Comment

I read: "Masch.(inen) Gewehr"

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

From a cut down photo unfortunately.

Comment

Translation

Thank you Hank

Jeff

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
                      The company commander says your opa & others from his unit became separated during battle and weren't seen again. It's written that he quite possibly found himself in a Bulgarian POW camp.

He was held in high esteem both as a baker & soldier by his comrades.

best
                      Hank

Comment

Originally posted by Bryant U. View Post
                        From a cut down photo unfortunately.
                        Dieses Bild soll dir alles traurig und schlechte vergessen lassen.
                        Gewidmet von dein Alten Freund

This picture should allow you to forget all that is sad and bad.

dedicated from your old friend,
                        *whoever's signature is/was there*
                        Last edited by Hank C.; 07-01-2013, 08:45 PM. Reason: mo info
                        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

Thank you Hank.

That's one of the more touching things I've read on the back of my photos.

Bryant

Comment

Hello gents,
                            I am trying to write a short biography of a Fallschirmjaeger from his Wehrpass for a friend of mine. The document with its translation will be then displayed in a local museum here in Italy:
                            http://www.museogotica.it/

I have some problems to read the following phrase in Suetterlin.
                            It ends somehow like "im bereichs der Luftflotte 3." The guy was at that time with the Flieger Regiment 63 (based in France) so it makes sense. But I really cannot understand what reads on the first 3 lines
                            After his stay in France this paratrooper saw action on the italian front with the 4FJD.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ironcrown View Post
                              Hello gents,
                              I am trying to write a short ...edit...
                              Working on it...

Luftverteidigung der Kuste, Kuste nahe Kur(?)gebiet und das Hinterlandes im Bereich der Luftflotte 3

Air defence on the coast, the coast near the vacation area, and the inner lands in the area of Luftflotte 3

Can't quite make out that first word on the 2nd line.... but it could be Kuste (Coast) twice (end of first line, beginning 2nd line).

best
                              Hank
                              Last edited by Hank C.; 07-02-2013, 05:00 PM. Reason: mo info

Comment

trans

I'm still missing a few words but I read Luftverteidigung der K---
                                ----- -----gebiete u.
                                des Hinterlandes im
                                Bereich der Luftflotte 3.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 27 users online. 0 members and 27 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X