Next time we split the job

Schöne grussen aus Holland,

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
      # 5294

The name of the cemetery is given as

1) Sebastiano

2) St. Sebastiani

Could be in Italy, but also in Berlin or in Salzburg ? There are a lot of Sebastani cemeteries all over Europe.

Gerdan
      That's what i figured but the problem is that it's the same exact cemetery.

Where could it have been located?

Comment

Hello Friends,

I've got a problem to read name of this officer. Can you help me with it?

I can see:
        "Leutnant Herrn Rich[ard?] R[?????]"

I would be thankful for any help

Comment

name

Leutnant
          Herrn Rich(ard) Raster

Comment

cemetery

Regarding #5305 could you show an enlarged image of the post card? I want to see details especially of the uniform(s).

Comment

Originally posted by Helden View Post
              To me that one looks like "Erinnerung in der Feldzug im Rußland 29th June 1941 - 30th July 1941' (In memory of the campaign in Russia 29th June 1941 - 30th July 1941).
              (snap!)
              Many thanks! Please help to read this one:

Comment

Originally posted by oberst40 View Post
                Greg, this should be it

Inhaber ist berechtigt zum Empfang des führersgeschenkes da er am 20-08 (or09)-1944 die grenze des heimatskriegsgebietes uberschritten hat 29-9-1944
                Kampfenden truppe (2Fla)

translated:

Owner has the right to receive a so called fuhrergeschenk (present from the fuhrer) while he crossed the borders at 20/08/1944 and entered the warzone in the motherland.
                29-09-1944, Fighting forces (2Fla)

Cheers,
                Oberst40
                Thanks very much Oberst and Gerdan,
                Do you know what kind of present that would likely be, maybe a bravery award ?? He was wounded and is an entry for him to hospital in the soldbuch on 22/08/1944

Regards
                Greg

Comment

Greg,

I found this on the net. It's a describtion of a führer geschenk:

These were parcels (Führer presents) given to soldiers going on leave. They were handed out at the railway stations and contained food for the soldier's journey (sausage, hard biscuit, cheese, etc...). .......didn't know if this went on during the entire war, but in 1942, when going on leave from the Crimea, and in 1943, on leave from Beylorussia, he received these parcels, they were always well received as everyone always seemed to be hungry.

Comment

It could be money (10 RM), something to eat and drink (vine), cigarrettes , coffee, a ration card like this one:

http://www.google.de/imgres?q=f%C3%B...9,r:0,s:0,i:84

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WW2-Germa...#ht_1929wt_961

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                      Regarding #5305 could you show an enlarged image of the post card? I want to see details especially of the uniform(s).
                      This is the best i can do with showing a close-up before everything goes blurry:

Sadly not much detail to go from.
                      Both postcards are blanc except the text shown earlier in this thread and the printer detail: RPA 560.
                      Last edited by IchHattEinenKameraden; 05-21-2013, 03:55 PM. Reason: Printer detail.

Comment

Guys,

Can you give me a hand with these wound pages?

?? 1.4.1944 Grenade splinters to the left jaw??

Kreigs sammelstelle?? 12.2.1945

That's about what I can make out, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
                        Jared
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again Oberst and Gerdan

Comment

Thank you Pauke

Comment

From a Feldlazeratt photo album. I believe this a location in France.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Gylsen View Post
                                From a Feldlazeratt photo album. I believe this a location in France.
                                Tournai

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tournai

best,
                                Hank
                                Last edited by Hank C.; 05-22-2013, 08:27 AM. Reason: mo' info
                                Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                                ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X