No announcement yet.

Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, you are right. Hindenburg died 2 Aug 34 ! That's correct - and I was still bit sleepy this morning.

So the photo should have been made in August 1934.

If you ever have the chance to see Golsar - it's a wounderful old German town with a lot of nice historical monuments.

Cheers
    Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
      # 2165

I can read mostly names (of mountains?) which I would locate in the Balkan/Yugoslavia area (e. g. Serbia, Slovenia):

Peglard,

Triglava

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jalovec_(mountain)

Jalovec 2663

Manjaicz ? 2559 in Vilore Fule?

Gerdan
      Thanks a lot for that.

Comment

# 2174

I wil give a short synopsis of the contents of the German text of this letter.

The letter comes from Japan together with a photo on which the lady - to her the letter is addressed - should identify him (the writer of the letter).

The letter he gave a friend (from NĆ¼rnberg origin) from the same camp as he was living in to bring the letter to the lady.

He hopes that so the letter will be ealier in Germany. He also wrote her a letter dated 3rd (no month/year) and he asks if this letter meanwhile did arrive.

He writes the she must fear the he would not be alive any more because he had not written to her earlier.

He hopes to be back again soon. Regards, love: signature. (I cannot read his first name)

Gerdan

Comment

Hi Gerdan,
          Thank you very much for the summarization. He is a crew of U 510 and the letter is written on the back side of this photo. I am wondering if it is possible to decipher his name.
          510.jpg

Comment

As the name (only his first neme) is not written very clear I start and speculate: "Friedrich" ?

Gerdan

Comment

picture

Originally posted by vellocino View Post
              Woow, Andya, that post 2114 looks interesting
              The First German Flyer returning from his fist mission, date to close to the Poland invasion. Can you post the front of the photo for us to see. Thank you, just for curiosity!.
              Hi Sorry just came across this post-Here is a picture of the front. Not very exiting I'm afraid
              regards
              andy
              Attached Files

Comment

Soldbuch entry

I can use some help in translating this soldbuch entry. Any help is very appreciated!!!

Best regards,

Tom
                Attached Files

Comment

# 2183

"Franke San(itƤts) Feldw(ebel)

Gerdan

Comment

Soldbuch entry

Thanks, Gerdan, your help is always very much appreciated. Keep up the great work!!!

Best regards,

Tom

Comment

Whats written here?
                      A. Looks like Grenadier-Regiment Schwarzwald? or?
                      B. Might be some kind of weapon/equipment?
                      Attached Files
                      I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                      My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Hello
                        Who would be able to translate a handwritten letter attached to a Fragebogen.
                        Would one of teh members let me email a copy of it to them. Thanks, Ron

Comment

# 2186

A) one could really read "Gren Rgt Schwarzwald" - but the writing of "Schwalzwald" is not very clear. I have no better version.

B) Seit(en)gew.(ehr) - bayonet

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks Gerdan!
                            Here a bigger version, but i donĀ“t think its more clear.
                            It really looks like Schwarzwald.
                            Attached Files
                            I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                            My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

More about soldier Eifert

Can any tell me if this is a letter saying how this soldier fell and where.Something about a bridge and the river Volga? Thanking you very much for your trouble.David.

Comment

Letter!!!

Originally posted by Hans Zeug View Post
                                Can any tell me if this is a letter saying how this soldier fell and where.Something about a bridge and the river Volga? Thanking you very much for your trouble.David.
                                Might help if I posted the letter!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 219 users online. 0 members and 219 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X