Post your German panzer, STuG photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
    Here's a panzer numbered 601. I'd like the same info on this tank, unit and fate.
    by the location of 'G' and number style, I would say 17th.

Comment

I suspect that this PzJg I is from Panzergruppe 4 (Hoth) in 1941 - Pz.Jg.Abt.616. The "Hh" marking partially obscured, thus giving it the appearance of Brandenburg gate, symbol of 3.Pz.Div. in Westfeldzug (by 1941 it became the symbol of 20.Pz.Div.).

Originally posted by Koenigstiger View Post
      Here a new one...

Panzerjaeger I from 3rd Pz.Div.

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi View Post
        by the location of 'G' and number style, I would say 17th.
        I agree Akira. After you said that, I thought I remembered a pic of this "601" tank in "War Diaries of a Panzer Soldier- 17th Pz Dv", so I went and got my book out. Turns out it was a Panzer IV (not II) from the 17th w/ same #601 that was KO'd be4 Smolensk.
        Same Division, Same Turret Number, just different Panzer. But like you said, number style, locat. of G, and balkenkruez are a match for the 17th. Good Call!

Comment

Panzer 601

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
          I agree Akira. After you said that, I thought I remembered a pic of this "601" tank in "War Diaries of a Panzer Soldier- 17th Pz Dv", so I went and got my book out. Turns out it was a Panzer IV (not II) from the 17th w/ same #601 that was KO'd be4 Smolensk.
          Same Division, Same Turret Number, just different Panzer. But like you said, number style, locat. of G, and balkenkruez are a match for the 17th. Good Call!
          Hi Akira thanks for the help. I'm thinking these were post war images that I got. Oh well, they're still neat images.

Comment

early panzer

Here's an early panzer. Is it a Pzkpfw Mk. II?
            Attached Files

Comment

panzer in mud

Here's a panzer apparently trying to go through a mud pit. What type of panzer is it? Is it a Pzkpfw Mk. III or an early Mk. IV?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
                Here's a panzer apparently trying to go through a mud pit. What type of panzer is it? Is it a Pzkpfw Mk. III or an early Mk. IV?
                Pzkpfw. III probably early Ausf J

Comment

tank id

Originally posted by mark67 View Post
                  Pzkpfw. III probably early Ausf J
                  Hi Mark,

Thanks for identifying the tank for me. I thought it was a Pzkpfw Mk III, but I wasn't sure.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for posting these great pictures. They are really helping me with my model of a Tiger Tank I'm building & painting.

Richard.
                    Richard.

Deus Dat Incrementum

Comment

-Panzer I Ausf "a" - command tank(befels)
                      -Column
                      Attached Files

Comment

SS Totenkopf men + Speiss w/ Captured (or stuck in ditch) Russian KV1
                        (early Barbarossa)
                        (Sorry, I know this isnt a German Panzer (yet), but figured it was worth Posting for entertainment)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Bill, that's a T-26, not a KV-1
                          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
                            Bill, that's a T-26, not a KV-1
                            haha thank you Simon! Dumb mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioL View Post
                              A wrecked Panzer III,i have no information about unit and location.
                              There are some more photos of this tank,so i hope someone has an original where the location is written on the backside

the same Panzer III earlier

Mario,

Another shot of this Panzer III wreck was recently posted on Missing-Lynx. Not sure if you saw it, so I'll post it here.

I have a few shots of this very same wreck in a photo album to a Pz.Rgt.3 (2.Pz.Div.) Pz.III crew member. Unfortunately, no date or location is listed but based on the other photos in the album from the same time frame it was definitely in France, circa early/mid (10 - 20) May 1940 on Pz.Rgt.3's route of advance.

Apparently this wreck seems to have been rather popular with soldiers passing through!

Rob
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rob,

in the meantime i know the unit and the location of the P III wreck.

It was knocked out on 22. May 1940 in Neufchatel Hardelot near Boulogne.
                                And your guess is right, it is from PzRgt 3.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X