No announcement yet.

Post your German panzer, STuG photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dammmmn Erwin! Ive never seen this photo before. I cant believe the C-47crew actually survived that. They must have been like "If we are going down, we might as well try and take out a Panzer!"

Comment

Hello Bill

The jagdpanther had been taken out a few days before the crash and was left behind. A few of the crew jumped out before the crash and the other survided the crash

Here another jagdpanther from Schwere Panzer Jager Abteilung 559 taken out in Holland 1944
      Attached Files

Comment

ohh ok. Amazing that the one/s stuck inside the plane (who didnt jump) still survived. Second photo is an incredible image too!

Comment

If I am not mistaken the jagdpanther from post 713 is in the Imperial War Museum seem to remember seeing this photo before.

Comment

Originally posted by byterock View Post
            If I am not mistaken the jagdpanther from post 713 is in the Imperial War Museum seem to remember seeing this photo before.

Hello

The one in the IWM is the jagdpanther from Major Erich Sattler. It was taken out on a road between Leopoldsburg and Hechtel on 8 september 1944. This one is different

regards

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
              Where is the other photo of this soldier?
              I was lucky enough to obtain another photo of this StuG Abt 203 man. A later portrait photo of him wearing EK ribbon, but now he wears Ost ribbon as well. Photo was obtained thru the same source as my first one. Will post it when it gets here

Comment

Panzer "803"....anyone recognize the turret number?
                Attached Files

Comment

Large format image of Sturmbannführer Ernst August Krag as commander Sturmgeschützabteilung "Das Reich," later KC and EL as Aufklärungsabteilung "Das Reich." German Cross in Gold as Batterie Chef 2./Sturmgeschützabteilung
                  Attached Files

Comment

Stug of Oberscharführer Hans Kreuzer, 2.Batterie, Sturmgeschützabteilung "Das Reich" in Russia, autumn 1943
                    Attached Files

Comment

"Ziethen," one of the original 7 vehicles of the single Stug Batterie of SS-Division "Reich" in 1941 (disbanded Feb 1942 and rebuilt as an Abteilung that October)
                      Attached Files

Comment

from right Friedrich-Wilhelm Graun (GC), Wolfgang Otto (GC), Hartmut Braun (later Pz Jg/Stug Abt Kdr), Hermann Bolte (GC). All with Stug Abt "Das Reich" in front of Ernst August Krag's command vehicle, early winter 1943
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
                          Panzer "803"....anyone recognize the turret number?
                          Hi Bill,

It might be an "R" rather than an "8".

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Mark C. Yerger View Post
                            from right Friedrich-Wilhelm Graun (GC), Wolfgang Otto (GC), Hartmut Braun (later Pz Jg/Stug Abt Kdr), Hermann Bolte (GC). All with Stug Abt "Das Reich" in front of Ernst August Krag's command vehicle, early winter 1943
                            Nice shot!

Comment

Got back from a three day weekend in Germany. My good friend Karl-Heinz Munch gave me some photos that he got directly from the son of a veteran who served with StuG Abt. 243 Juterborg.

Jul11 - StuG Abt. 243 Russia - 1
                              Attached Files

Comment

Jul11 - StuG Abt. 243 Russia - 2
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X