Post your German panzer, STuG photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

decapitated Tauch

I think this (photo at the bottom of p60) is the body of the we documented TauchPv IV from 3. Pz.Div. Note exhaust pipes but no big muffler.

The superstructure and turret have been dragged to the other side of the road.
    Craig (8wheels-good)

Comment

Was there a thread dedicated to Beutepanzers? I could not find it with my first try.

Here is an Hotchkiss that worked in Panzer-Abteilung 211 in Finnland.
      Attached Files

Comment

and a color photo of another tank from the Battalion - unfortunately there is not much color in winter. To warm up the engine, bare fire was used.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here are some fairly mundane, I expect, photos, but they may provide some details. I find the mixture of tropical and temperate uniform interesting.
          Kerry.
          Attached Files

Comment

Another couple,
            Kerry
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi View Post
              and a color photo of another tank from the Battalion - unfortunately there is not much color in winter. To warm up the engine, bare fire was used.
              Wow, great image!

Comment

Pz III with unknown diamond-shape symbol on turret.

Cheers,
                Larry
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Larrister View Post
                  Pz III with unknown diamond-shape symbol on turret.

Cheers,
                  Larry
                  Looks like one from 2.Panzer-Division.

Comment

Looks like one from 2.Panzer-Division.
                    Thanks Akira.

I checked over at lexicon-der-wehrmacht.de before posting. There are different symbols for 2 Pz. Division. Did they change division symbols as the war progressed.

Cheers,
                    Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larrister View Post
                      Thanks Akira.

I checked over at lexicon-der-wehrmacht.de before posting. There are different symbols for 2 Pz. Division. Did they change division symbols as the war progressed.

Cheers,
                      Larry
                      The diamond symbol is not a divisional symbol but a company symbol of Panzer-Regiment 3 - they used several interesting company symbols as the war progressed - card symbols, spur, saramanders in different shapes... Panzer-Regiment 3 is a treasure for interesting markings.

Comment

Craig might have something to say about Kerry's image about the turret stowage?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1&d=1409490550

Comment

The diamond symbol is not a divisional symbol but a company symbol of Panzer-Regiment 3 - they used several interesting company symbols as the war progressed - card symbols, spur, saramanders in different shapes... Panzer-Regiment 3 is a treasure for interesting markings.
                          Hi Akira,

Thanks very much for the great explanation.

Cheers,
                          Larry

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Great photos Dog, I like the improvised river crossing material use!

Kev

Comment

A Panzer III of SS-Panzer Abteilung 5, with mounted Grenadiere of I./Germania, photographed by SS-Kriegsberichter Willi Altstadt near Rostov, late July 1943. The tank commander is possibly Gunther Schontaube.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 47 users online. 0 members and 47 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X