Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

That is a nice picutre of a Panzer IV Ausf. D from 4./Panzer-Regiment 3 in France.

Here is a 6.Kompanie Ausf.D from Balkan campaign. Note the difference of divisional insignia (two dots in France, inverted Y with a bar in Balkan).
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

That one is from Panzer-Regiment 39, see #339 and #343 of this thread. #343 is from the same Kompanie.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Cute dog it is.

I got a very nice album of Panzer-Abteilung 100(Fl.) recently from a friend. The owner belonged to 2.Kompanie.

Three Kompanien of the Abteilung was disributed to 18.Panzer-Division, 17.Panzer-Division and Panzergrenadier-division G.D. respectively. Thus 2.Kompanie showed the marking of 17.Panzer-Division.

Recently, another album of the same unit appeared on ebay (it was bought outside ebay, thus I had no chance). So interesting that similar albums appear in a very short period of time... Maybe from the same owner.
              Attached Files

Comment

By the way, this tank shows 2 "G"s. The bigger G, "G for Guderian" is obvious but the smaller G... My friend Kitamura-san assumes that it is the marking that refers to Major Gradl, Kommandeur of I. Abteilung / Panzer-Regiment 39.

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi View Post
                  Recently, another album of the same unit appeared on ebay (it was bought outside ebay, thus I had no chance). So interesting that similar albums appear in a very short period of time... Maybe from the same owner.
                  Looks like the private deal might have fallen through... the album is back up on Ebay, this time as a "Sofort-Kaufen".

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Hammer-Foto-A...-/301463169790

It is a really nice album, but many of these photos appear to be widely distributed amongst the unit members. I have a small stack of photos to this unit, and many are identical to the ones in the album.

Jason

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
                      many of these photos appear to be widely distributed amongst the unit members. I have a small stack of photos to this unit, and many are identical to the ones in the album.
                      Yes, as you know, there were so many copies distributed among comrades... So the question becomes how complete a set you have there :-).

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

great shot

Originally posted by Hundestaffel View Post
                            Wow what a cool photo. What kind of tank is it?

Comment

It is a StuG III Ausf. G.

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi View Post
                                It is a StuG III Ausf. G.
                                Hi Akira,

Thanks for the polite reply.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X