No announcement yet.

Post your unknown unit and or tactical emblem photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a recent eBay acquisition (so recent that it hasn't arrived yet).

The motorycle is a captured British Norton (fairly recently captured, I'd think as it hasn't been adapted beyond the insignia and headlamp mask).

Most probably a BEF machine.

I'm very weak on Wehrmacht insignia but have seen the 'K' (for Kleist ?) fairly often in 1940 photographs from France.

The marking on the front mudguard is beyond my resources. Can anyone point me in the right direction ? It looks to be a diagonal cross in an outer circle which is divided into quarters. Higher res. will have to wait until I have the image here.

Comment

Rich, That appears to me to be the tactical symbol for a Motorcycle Company, there should be a "T" on the right top quatrter continuing on fron the diagonal line and outside of the circle.

http://niehorster.orbat.com/011_germ...ymbols_43.html

Comment

Thanks very much Alan. I'll show more detail when it arrives but post from Germany always seems to be on the slow side.

Comment

по моему вопросу никто не ответит ??

On my question nobody will answer that for a tactical sign ??

Comment

Originally posted by you View Post
            по моему вопросу никто не ответит ??

On my question nobody will answer that for a tactical sign ??
            That isn't a tactical sign, it is a unit sign and if no one knows what the unit is , and I for one don't, then they can't answer you, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanmccoubrey View Post
              Rich, That appears to me to be the tactical symbol for a Motorcycle Company, there should be a "T" on the right top quatrter continuing on fron the diagonal line and outside of the circle.

http://niehorster.orbat.com/011_germ...ymbols_43.html

This is the best that my scanner can manage.

The gaps on the centre cross seem to go beyond what I would expect in order to keep a stencil useable. Is this a standard form of application ?

Are there any clues in the uniform insignia as to which unit this may have been ?

Thanks for any help.

Rich

Comment

heer unit??

here is a neat one, from a heer unit on the back of a large box type truck.
                anyone have a guess??
                thxs joe
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shroman View Post

Erprobungsgruppe 210=>Schnell-Kampf-Geschwader 210
                  This is the unit emblem from Messerschmitt Bf 110 D-0/B, S9+CK, W. Nr.3341, crewed by Pilot Oblt. Afred Habisch and Bordfunker Uffz. Ernst Elfner of 2. Staffel, Erprobungsgruppe 210. It was shot down following the raid on Croydon on 15th August 1940. That photo originated from myself, and is a still from a film taken by Vultee Aircraft Corporation, who received the aircraft for examination in the Spring of 1941.

Comment

nice Foto

Comment

Hello, guys.

Could you help me to identify this emblem? Photo was taken in Ukraine, 1941.

Greetings, Rostyslav.

Comment

Found by myself. 125. Infanterie-Division

http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/emblems/heer/125inf.htm

Comment

I/Flak Rgt.47.

Larry
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Guys
                            Can you help me to ID this two unit emblems?
                            Thank you
                            Kurzer

Comment

Kurzer, The first pic is of a Belgian T15 light tank, these were used by eight different Belgian units , 1e and 2e Divisions des Chasseurs Ardennais. 1 er Guides, 1er, 2e and 3e Lanciers, 1er and 2e Chasseurs. Of those the 1er Lanciers used a Death's Head insignia and 2e Chasseurs used a Raging Bull. Sadly I don't know who used the nice Tiger in your pic.
                              The French Spade to indicate the 1st Secy=tion of a Company, in blue for the 1st battalin of a regiment and in red for the 2nd battalion. The card symbol could appear inside a Circle for 1st Company, a Square for 2nd and a Triangle for 3rd but not always as we see from your pic.

Comment

Tiger's head

Possibly is from the belgian 1er RĂ©giment de Lanciers
                                http://www.mil.be/cav/units/index.as...ENU=358&PAGE=1
                                Last edited by Guillem Marti; 05-04-2012, 02:48 AM. Reason: add link

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X