MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Jason,

the first car ia a Mercedes Benz Type 170 VK and the second one is a heavy Einheits-Pkw.

Regards, Holger.

Comment

Originally posted by Holger_Erdmann View Post
      Hello Jason,

the first car ia a Mercedes Benz Type 170 VK and the second one is a heavy Einheits-Pkw.

Regards, Holger.
      Fantastic! Thanks Holger

Comment

perhaps difficult but .....

patrick

Comment

Hello Patrick:

For sure, this one is proving to be difficult, at least for me.

I know I have seen this vehicle somewhere before but several hours of going through books and my PC photo files have not come up with an answer.

What troubles me is deciding whether it is a standard touring car or if it is an "umbau" or modified touring car. It does not seem to be a regular Kubel because it has the full side doors. The extra long boot or trunk can be found at least on Horch, Mercedes and Opel cars.

For the moment, I am thinking it is a Mercedes mainly because of the wheel design. But, if I am right, I have no idea what model it may be.

Maybe if Hans Risma is watching he maybe can help you.

Bill

Comment

Hi Bill

These trucks/lorries remain unidentified. They are RHD which would make them either French or British. I'm leaning towards them being British.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
            Larry
            Attached Files

Comment

hello Larrister

sure this is not french, has you i think this heayvy truck is british, maybe Guy

patrick

Comment

Hi Larry & Patrick:

The vehicle is one of the Crossley IGL series.
                I am still looking for a proper photo to post, but there is one in Vanderveen's Fighting Vehicle Directory of a very similar vehicle.

You can usually tell Crossley vehicles by the Gnuss air springs mounted above the front bumper.

Bill

Comment

Can someone ID this Omnibus ?
                  maybe Vomag, or beute

Comment

Hi Larry,

bill have found, your truck is well one Crossley IGL like this photo.

1935/36 Crossley IGL3 3-ton with 90bhp

Comment

Thank you Patrick:

Regarding your bus, I would tend to agree that it is a Vomag.

They almost always placed the main headlamps far forward and low on the front bumper as you can see in your photo.

Here is another example from an expired ebay auction. I also think both are probably civilian impressed vehicles.
                      Bill
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Patrick & Bill

Thanks very much for the identification of the vehicles in my photo.

Cheers
                        Larry

Comment

Other omnibus ? this one of the 6.inf-div

Comment

Hi Patrick:

Regarding your "difficult, but" photo.

What do you think of this BMW 3 Series Police Car???

Bill
                            Attached Files

Comment

I belive this is a.....

Horch?

Over 30.000 photos from German photo albums, related to Norway

Always looking for photos and photo albums from Norway.

Comment

Sorry, Tor, I thought someone would have answered you earlier.

Yes, a Horch Car, Medium, 4X4 Kfz.15.
                                Built also by Opel and it is very hard to tell the difference without having the actual vehicle to look at.

The later versions (40) were only built by Horch and had the spare wheels mounted inside the body and without the stub axles which were supposed to allow the spare to be used to help get over obstacles. I gather the concept did not work well in practice and was scrapped.

As a side note, if you have any photos of cars or trucks used either by Norwegian Forces or captured by the Germans, both military and civilian, I would appreciate seeing them here.

My special area of interest is in American vehicles used in countries other than the US and Norway imported a lot of American cars and trucks before the war that were used by both your Forces and later the Germans.

Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 125 users online. 0 members and 125 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X