Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a small grouping of a LWFD NCO served in AFRIKA. I posted these on my LWFD thread as well.

Nov13 - LWFD Grouping - 1
    Attached Files
    Last edited by W Petz; 11-19-2013, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Nov13 - LWFD Grouping - 2
      Attached Files

Comment

Nov13 - LWFD Grouping - 3
        Attached Files

Comment

Nov13 - LWFD Grouping - 4
          Attached Files

Comment

Nov13 - LWFD Grouping - 5 - He appears to be wearing FJ Jump trousers as well
            Attached Files

Comment

Nov13 - LWFD Grouping - 6 - FJ Jump trousers
              Attached Files

Comment

Nov13 - LWFD Grouping - 7
                Attached Files

Comment

Nov13 - LWFD Grouping - 8 - FJ Jump trousers again
                  Attached Files

Comment

I missed the ribbon bar in that DAK pic, he must have thrown it on real quickly after washing the tunic! lol And you're right, that theory was discussed too, and makes sense, as the bar seems to have been just put on the tunic specifically for the photo. He probably did actually earn them though, just not the ww1 version.

And wow! what an excellent grouping. The portrait itself is top notch, let alone the others. The FJ trousers are nice to see, especially in combo with the tropical tunic. I have a feeling his unit history/background would be more than interesting if we knew~!

Comment

Bill T,

No doubt that your soldat earned the awards. In my opinion...I believe that he didn't have the medals to hang on his uniform so it was provided to him by the photographer and not his father.

If you hadn't noticed..I circled a cufftitle on #2 of the LWFD grouping. It appears to be a white Afrika CT with black lettering and in #4 he is wearing a black or blue Afrika CT with white lettering. Both unofficial CT's are on the right sleeves. In the other pics he is wearing the Official issue Afrika CT with Palms on his left sleeve.

I have a LWFD five photo album set that has many pics of LW Soldiers wearing FJ Jump Trousers. I also have other groupings showing the wear of FJ Jump Trousers. I believe a number of LWFD formations managed to acquire stocks of Jump trousers from LW depots while in training before they departed for the front. My Uffz apparently did service with a unit in Afrika prior to either volunteering or being transferred to a unit in a LWFD.

I almost forgot to mention that it wasn't normal to wear Collar Tabs on a Tropical Tunic...you can see earlier pics of him without collar tabs. He is also wearing continental SB's which tells me that he most likely was serving in Italy and was on leave in Germany.

Bill P

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
                      I missed the ribbon bar in that DAK pic, he must have thrown it on real quickly after washing the tunic! lol And you're right, that theory was discussed too, and makes sense, as the bar seems to have been just put on the tunic specifically for the photo. He probably did actually earn them though, just not the ww1 version.

And wow! what an excellent grouping. The portrait itself is top notch, let alone the others. The FJ trousers are nice to see, especially in combo with the tropical tunic. I have a feeling his unit history/background would be more than interesting if we knew~!
                      Last edited by W Petz; 11-20-2013, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Lago di Garda.. Italy.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Pietro,

Very nice Heer (PzGren) Tropical with Afrika CT in Italy photos

To be more specific....on LW Tunics but in the Italien theater they apparently ignored this.

Bill

[QUOTE; I almost forgot to mention that it wasn't normal to wear Collar Tabs on a Tropical Tunic...you can see earlier pics of him without collar tabs. He is also wearing continental SB's which tells me that he most likely was serving in Italy and was on leave in Germany].

Originally posted by Pie View Post
                          Lago di Garda.. Italy.

Comment

Nice photos Pietro! Thanks for the extra info too Bill

Here are a few that I don't think I've shared before here.....

- Grenadier Rgt 41 (mot) - bronze IAB
                            Attached Files

Comment

Flak
                              Attached Files

Comment

Always wondered if this guy could possibly be HG related....as his tabs seem white with dark piping around them, but his boards still show the flak waffenfabre.

(I know in 43', some LwFD's used the green tabs, but kept their branch color/waffenfabre on their boards, but not sure if this was ever the case with HG troops?)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 22 users online. 0 members and 22 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X