Comment

Comment

Interesting badges in wear

Comment

Interesting Badges

Originally posted by Bryant U. View Post
                Interesting badges in wear

Hi,

Which badges are interesting and why are they interesting?

John

Comment

Hello John,

The Oberfeldwebel, second from the right, is wearing the Heavy Athletics Badge and the Horseman's Badge. I don't recall seeing the two badges together and it's neat to seem these awards being worn by a Luftwaffe NCO.

Regards,

Bryant

Comment

Heavy Athletics

Originally posted by Bryant U. View Post
                    Hello John,

The Oberfeldwebel, second from the right, is wearing the Heavy Athletics Badge and the Horseman's Badge. I don't recall seeing the two badges together and it's neat to seem these awards being worn by a Luftwaffe NCO.

Regards,

Bryant
                    Hi Bryant,

Thanks for the quick reply. What would Heavy Athletics be? The Horseman's Badge, is interesting for a Luftwaffe guy. You'd think that he would have joined the army, not the Luftwaffe. If I were going for the Horseman's Badge, that's what I would have done.

John

Comment

I haven't found much info on the Heavy Athletic Badge. One source I've found says the badge was awarded for successful competing in sports like boxing or weight lifting. I enjoy powerlfiting myself so the Heavy Athletic Badge is especially appealing to me. I wonder if there is a source for the exact requirements?

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong ( I could be ) He could of got the horseman's badge from being in a riders club before the war.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam.B View Post
                          Correct me if I am wrong ( I could be ) He could of got the horseman's badge from being in a riders club before the war.
                          It appears you are correct Adam.

Take a look at this nice thread from Ron R.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=657372

Comment

Horseman's Badge

Originally posted by Adam.B View Post
                            If he received the badge from a pre war riders club, why would he be allowed to wear it on his military uniform? Of course it could be a HJ riders club badge, but why would he still be wearing it at the point of the war when the photo was taken? I'd be feeling kind of desperate to be wearing an HJ sports badge on my military uniform. Just my opinion here.

Comment

A decorated Panzerjäger Oberleutnant, later Hauptmann and wife.

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 23 users online. 0 members and 23 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X