Attached Files

Comment

RAD Fuhrer, RAD Gruppe 186, KVK 1st Class with swords
        Jonathan.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
          Artillery Tractor with crew taking a break on the side of the road
          I would say it is a SdKfz 7/1 -7/2 (Flak) and not an artillery tractor. It could carry a 2cm Flavierling or a 3.7cm Flak...Cheers

Comment

Artillery Tractors were modified/converted into different models as the war progressed...but originally used to tow heavy Flak/Artillery. Bill

Originally posted by FJCM View Post
            I would say it is a SdKfz 7/1 -7/2 (Flak) and not an artillery tractor. It could carry a 2cm Flavierling or a 3.7cm Flak...Cheers

Comment

can anyone explain why the guy POLYNIKE posted has the tresse only underneat the collar tabs?

Comment

Because that is the way he wanted it??????

Originally posted by lelez View Post
                can anyone explain why the guy POLYNIKE posted has the tresse only underneat the collar tabs?

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                  Because that is the way he wanted it??????
                  Bill,yes i guess so too but did the regulation permit it as ive never seen something like that?

Comment

Hi Dan, regulations did not permit the NCO's collar tresse to be worn like that, but looking at wartime photos the amount of non reg stuff we see is amazing. Of course, there might have been a shortage of tresse and that was all he could find at the time?

Cheers, Ade.

PS. Just a thank you to everyone for sharing your pics in this thread

Comment

Just like Ade stated.....the regulations did not permit it but many of the soldiers tended to ignore the regulations...especially around 1944/45. Uniforms were being tailored more and more locally wherever they were fighting and in most cases through the unit tailor....shortages due to supplies not getting through for long periods..many different reasons but I like to think that the soldier had his own preferences and tended to bend the rules a little. Bill

Originally posted by lelez View Post
                      Bill,yes i guess so too but did the regulation permit it as ive never seen something like that?

Comment

I agree with Bill. Even in early war photos you also see a diversity of styles and uniforms and bending of regualtions.
                        Jonathan

Comment

Thanks guys,I thought to ask cos its the 1st time i see something like that

Comment

Two friends. One on the left 60th Infantry Regiment.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Polynike; 11-24-2007, 01:41 PM.

Comment

War begins to take effect. Look in the eyes has changed loads. Picked up a few decorations along the way too.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Polynike; 11-24-2007, 01:41 PM.

Comment

and his friend. whats the symbol on his shoulder boards?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X