Attached Files

Comment

Luftwaffe Portrait
      Attached Files

Comment

Afrika Korps?
        Attached Files

Comment

Smart looking officer. Any ideas on what the device on his sleeve is?
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice pics....thanks for sharing here on this thread. Your second photo is in Italy based on the type of architecture in the background and your third photo is a NCO wearing possibly the drivers badge (photo is too small).
            Bill

Originally posted by Polynike View Post
            Smart looking officer. Any ideas on what the device on his sleeve is?

Comment

i agree with Bill.
              Nice tailored M42 tunic the NCO has

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                Nice pics....thanks for sharing here on this thread. Your second photo is in Italy based on the type of architecture in the background and your third photo is a NCO wearing possibly the drivers badge (photo is too small).
                Bill
                Thanks for the correction Bill. Was thinking Driver's Badge too but its not 100% clear under a magnifying glass. Were there any other awards worn on that part of the uniform other than the Driver's Badge?

Jonathan

Comment

Jonathan,

I believe there were four other proficiency Badges worn on the lower left forearm and around 24 proficiency badges were worn on the right lower forearm. there were other specialty patches worn on the upper right arm and speciality badges on the upper left arm. Several books will tell what patches/badges go where on the uniforms. Three books come to mind Badges & Insignia of the Third Reich, Uniforms & Insignia if the Luftwaffe (Vol 1 & 2), and German Army Uniforms and Insignia...all written by Brian L. Davis. Cheers! - Bill

Thanks for the correction Bill. Was thinking Driver's Badge too but its not 100% clear under a magnifying glass. Were there any other awards worn on that part of the uniform other than the Driver's Badge?

Jonathan

Comment

Yes of course the proficiency type badges schrimeister and so on. Ill have to dig out my copy of Davis which i know is somewhere in my library.

Cheers
                    Jonathan

Comment

Here is a new arrival today...I believe is a HG Soldat
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, compare the white of the shirt and the white on the tabs. Look more yellowish to me

Comment

Also two Winter Funeral scenes....#1
                          Attached Files

Comment

#2 with the Military Chaplain
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, compare the white of the shirt and the white on the tabs. Look more yellowish to me
                              I agree.

I'm not sure but I believe that compared to the tabs "lighter" gulls are indicative of yellow, whereas "darker" ones should belong to a HG soldier...

Regards
                              gk

Comment

Then what do you think about this one....
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 39 users online. 0 members and 39 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X