Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

#57 I believe this to be a POW portrait photo...neither cap or breast eagles are present.
                Attached Files

Comment

Strange pic bill but if POW why did he keep his KVK 1st Class with the SWASTICA??

Comment

I assume and I don't like to do that it is possible that that he passed through a few camps winding up in either a Candian or French POW camp which weren't all that particular about grinding off the Hakenkreuz/Swastika.

Comment

French didnt bother seein swastikas?i tho it was the opposite(my guess only)after france had been for 4 yrs under the germans.
                      But i dont understand whats the point in strippin eagles and leavin the KVK on

Comment

Your question was poised at the swastika on the decoration. Mostly the uniform and cap eagles were made to be removed as they were more visible and the decorations mostly kept out of sight due to souvenir hunters. In the Canadian camps I have seen (and have) photo evidence that they were allowed to wear not only their insignia but their decorations right to the end of the war. I have alot of POW photos (Check out my thread on POW's) http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=60916&page=11 of Germans wearing their decorations still with swastikas in both French and Canadian POW camps. There is also evidence of them wearing decorations in POW Camps in America....especially the high ranking officers.

Originally posted by lelez View Post
                        French didnt bother seein swastikas?i tho it was the opposite(my guess only)after france had been for 4 yrs under the germans.
                        But i dont understand whats the point in strippin eagles and leavin the KVK on

Comment

Here are some recent arrivals. LW Portrait
                          Attached Files

Comment

Color Panzerschutze Portrait
                            Attached Files

Comment

Panzer Portrait #2
                              Attached Files

Comment

Panzer Portrait #3
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X