Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#4 This is the same uniform he is wearing in pages 490/491 where he is wearing the SVB 287 Patch...unnfortunately his right sleeve is not fully shown in the photo!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by W Petz; 07-24-2007, 04:59 PM.

Comment

that was good bidding Bill to get all of those from the split Sdvb group.
      The price went rather ballistic on the better ones !!
      It would appear he did not serve in Afrika. He seemed to have been in Greece and Russia only.

Comment

I'm not complaining but those others did go way beyond what I was willing to pay for them....unfortunately the female seller/dealer stripped many photo albums. I'm not sure if he didn't make it to Afrika....it appears that he was wounded and was on home leave recovering from his injuries. He looks to have lost a lot of weight. On page 600 it appears that the other EK1 winner is also wearing a SVB 287 Patch on his right arm but none of the others are wearing the patch. (pages 490/491). Cheers! - Bill

Originally posted by milcollector View Post
        that was good bidding Bill to get all of those from the split Sdvb group.
        The price went rather ballistic on the better ones !!
        It would appear he did not serve in Afrika. He seemed to have been in Greece and Russia only.
        Last edited by W Petz; 07-24-2007, 06:44 PM.

Comment

I am pretty sure your man is Sonderverband Kompanie 287 and went to the Balkans/Russia, rather than Sonderverband Kampfgruppe 288 which was sent to North Africa.

Both units wore the same orientale arm badge.

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
            Here is a couple of Jaegers sitting in a Kettenkrad.
            Your photos are great but they would be much better without your stamp, do you love yourself so much

Comment

Well you certainly are a New Member that's for sure!! The purpose of the marking is to keep folks from using it elsewhere and to claim ownership of that photo into my collection. There are a lot more folks on this forum that are doing the same thing and not for the reason you are stating!! I enjoy sharing my photos here and have been doing so for quite some time and will keep stamping them...regardless of what you say or think...Herr Schwarzmann!! Bill

Originally posted by Schwarz View Post
              Your photos are great but they would be much better without your stamp, do you love yourself so much

Comment

Picked these 2 up on eBay last week. I like the first one a lot!

SS Polizei.....1941

Nice view of the NCO and officer in the middle......nice runes under the pocket.

Waffen SS soldaten somewhere in Russia I assume. If anyone has any more thoughts, please share.

Comment

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing them on this thread. Was this out of a larger grouping on Ebay? I thought I saw alot more photos of the SS Polizei on ebay. Regards Bill

Originally posted by CaliforniaGigol View Post
                  Picked these 2 up on eBay last week. I like the first one a lot!

SS Polizei.....1941

Nice view of the NCO and officer in the middle......nice runes under the pocket.

Waffen SS soldaten somewhere in Russia I assume. If anyone has any more thoughts, please share.

Comment

SVB 287 in the Balkans/S. Russia...Got It!!! Thanks!!
                    Here is portrait that came in the post today.

Originally posted by milcollector View Post
                    I am pretty sure your man is Sonderverband Kompanie 287 and went to the Balkans/Russia, rather than Sonderverband Kampfgruppe 288 which was sent to North Africa.

Both units wore the same orientale arm badge.
                    Attached Files

Comment

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Schwarz
                      </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / message -->
                      Well you certainly are a New Member that's for sure!! The purpose of the marking is to keep folks from using it elsewhere and to claim ownership of that photo into my collection. There are a lot more folks on this forum that are doing the same thing and not for the reason you are stating!! I enjoy sharing my photos here and have been doing so for quite some time and will keep stamping them...regardless of what you say or think...Herr Schwarzmann!! Bill
                      Ahh Bill you gotta love yourself just a bit!

Actually one the of the less obtrusive "frankings" around.
                      Mike

Comment

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing them on this thread. Was this out of a larger grouping on Ebay? I thought I saw alot more photos of the SS Polizei on ebay. Regards Bill
                        Thanks for the kind words Bill. Yeah, I picked up just this photo, but there were other SS Polizei photos on eBay, in different auctions. I thought this one the best of them all, as it shows a variety of uniforms and especially the SS pocket runes on the officer in the middle.

Comment

Hey Mike,

Thanks and give Charlie a big kiss for me!!! What's that saying? Love thy Enemies!!! Nam Vet 71/72

Originally posted by R MICHAEL View Post
                          <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Schwarz

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                          <!-- / message -->
                          Ahh Bill you gotta love yourself just a bit!

Actually one the of the less obtrusive "frankings" around.
                          Mike

Comment

Wasn't it Macievelie(sp?) who said keep your friends close but your enemies closer? just how close he didn't say..

Some really nice photos you have picked up lately my friend! I have been shying away from TR lately and been buying US pics, though I did pick up a nice Luft album from the E-stand this past month

Mike
                            Hey Mike,

Thanks and give Charlie a big kiss for me!!! What's that saying? Love thy Enemies!!! Nam Vet 71/72

Comment

Mike,

Send me a PM on what you are searching for on the US GI side...got a number of photos and albums. Bill

Originally posted by R MICHAEL View Post
                              Wasn't it Macievelie(sp?) who said keep your friends close but your enemies closer? just how close he didn't say..

Some really nice photos you have picked up lately my friend! I have been shying away from TR lately and been buying US pics, though I did pick up a nice Luft album from the E-stand this past month

Mike

Comment

Here are a few new arrivals today. Tank transporter with a Panzer IV on it..well at least it's somewhere under all those soldaten.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X