Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TerryG View Post

A tinnie with a large eagle and a swastika on top? NSKOV?

to me it looks like a schwerathlet - badge .

Comment

Welcome to WAF and this particular thread. Could you please identify the page or photo # when commenting as it takes ages to search through this thread trying to find out what photo you are commenting on...Thanks!! - Bill

Here are some new pics that arrived in my post boxes today!!!
            A1

Originally posted by KURMARK View Post
            to me it looks like a schwerathlet - badge .
            Attached Files
            Last edited by W Petz; 03-04-2008, 02:29 PM.

Comment

A2
              Attached Files

Comment

A3
                Attached Files

Comment

A4
                  Attached Files

Comment

A5 This is a very interesting portrait. The man is wearing an Assault Gunner Wrap with white piping around his collar patch and also on his shoulder board? I cannot find anything in my references showing this type of insignia....anyone else know, seen or have an example??
                    Attached Files

Comment

A6
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bill,

How do you organize all those pictures?
                        - Headgear?
                        - Rank?
                        - Medal?
                        - Date of purchase?

cheers,
                        Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,

Well I did have them sort of organized but since I pulled out a great many from photo holders and I have alot of new portraits. I will have to re-organized them all over again. It should be fairly simple but time consuming....all the photos that have been posted are temporarily in shoeboxes. I still have a long way to go on posting my photo collection.

I basically had them separated by service

Heer.....Then further broken down into Panzer, Gebj, etc.

Luftwaffe....Fallschirmjaeger, LWFD, Hermann Goering, Pilots, etc.

I also had folders further separating those with the most interesting portraits showing highly decorated, RKT, DK's rare uniform effects, etc.

I really don't bother with dates of purchase as everything is broken up and separated it's too difficult to keep track of date of purchase with over 20 years of photos that have been collected and to me that isn't all that important...the photo itself is the interesting part.

I have many portraits that aren't all that sharp so I haven't even posted them and probably won't. I also have several boxes full of a mixed portrait (Heer doubles, KM, RAD, SS, SA, Polizei, etc. that I don't collect and alot of snaps....one day I will get around to selling or trading them off...most likely in my retirement in the none to distant future. Note: For the folks that read this bit...please do not send me any emails or PM's. I sell when I want to sell..Sorry.

I still have a huge amount of good quality Portrait photos to post. I have only posted a very small portion of my photo albums.

Bill

Originally posted by peter u View Post
                          Hello Bill,

How do you organize all those pictures?
                          - Headgear?
                          - Rank?
                          - Medal?
                          - Date of purchase?

cheers,
                          Peter

Comment

Pk

Does anyone have a picture of a Heer PK camera man? I am interested in seeing the insignia on the tunic.

Bruce

Comment

Bruce,

How are things back in MO? I don't have a studio pic of a PK camera man, but do have this image of PK men in the field during the Polish campaign. Hope this helps.
                              Attached Files

Comment

First post in this great thread for a while.
                                First of all a Flak Flieger with DRL Sports Badge
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 28 users online. 0 members and 28 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X