Knights Cross Recipients Who Are Still Living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
    Maybe someone should inform Herr Schuck about this.
    I'm confident that there are some members on this forum and thread that know how to contact Herr Schuck.

Comment

Maybe he's just wanting to cash in still for his loved ones?
      Nothing uncommon with vets, RKTs or not.

Many time their stuff is anyway stolen by visitors to their homes,
      little-by-little. Even a German author admitted to me some years
      ago, that he had his 'methods' when the vets did not want to give
      him photos or other material... No, no, no

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
        Even a German author admitted to me some years
        My goodness, even authors ...

Comment

Maybe he's just wanting to cash in still for his loved ones?
          Nothing uncommon with vets, RKTs or not.

Many time their stuff is anyway stolen by visitors to their homes,
          little-by-little. Even a German author admitted to me some years
          I just hope you are kidding.
          You should tell us the name, serious researchers must be aware about such a scumbag, I don't really want to spend my money to buy books written by such kind of people.
          I'm pretty sure the German Police would be pretty interested into know the name of this Gentleman that has stolen personal items from elderly people.

Stealing militaria from vets is already bad, but stealing from a RKT is something to be really ashamed of.
          They don't deserve nothing but jail.
          Last edited by PBR; 12-06-2011, 04:48 AM.

Comment

I just hope you are kidding.
            You should tell us the name, serious researchers must be aware about such a scumbag, I don't really want to spend my money to buy books written by such kind of people.
            I'm pretty sure the German Police would be pretty interested into know the name of this Gentleman that has stolen personal items from elderly people.

Stealing militaria from vets is already bad, but stealing from a RKT is something to be really ashamed of.
            They don't deserve nothing but jail.

Jail or a good sound thrashing. One of the two. Or both.

People who steal from others, in the pursuit of history, are still scumbags, no matter what. Please provide us with a list of these losers so we can be sure we NEVER buy their books.

Comment

Hi guys,

I totally agree with you all. It's a terrible thing to do, but I
              won't be able to provide the name. I ask for your understanding.

Another German author just popped into my memory writing these
              lines here just now. Again, I don't want to say the name, but the book
              is a bible in its field and I remember veterans used to confront him
              at reunions asking for their albums back...which never happened of course.

Btw, let's face it, many, many photos, docs, etc we may buy from
              private or dealers sometimes have eventually been stolen from the vets
              etc. I'm not saying that this is always the case.

I remember also that the son of Theodor Wisch wrote me once that
              over the years, people had stolen or exchanged original medals with
              reproductions...it's a shame and disgrace.

Comment

Sorry, but I don't see any difference.
                Stealing a woundedbadge for example from a vet or a knightscross is for me the same.
                Stealing is stealing no matter what value.

Comment

Everything Markus has said is of course quite correct this sort of thing has been going on for years , Erich Topp and Fritz Rumpelhardt are two obvious cases re theft of awards but certainly many photos, albums and memoirs have been taken and never returned by certain people !!

Comment

People who steal from Veterans, any Veterans need to be as they do
                    in the middle east, have their hands removed. Won't be
                    able to steal then. Sounds harsh but what they did they
                    did with planning and no care to the vets and what they went
                    through serving their country to receive them.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Fritzkopf View Post
                      My goodness, even authors ...
                      Well, authors aren't supposed to be saints. I won't give names but I "know" one who is well known and when he has taken all what could be taken from the vet he doesn't even think about a greeting card for Christmas or New year or a phone call from time to time. It's rather disgusting when you see a vet with tears in his eyes because the "author" he was almost considering as a son (in this case a son of a b...) doesn't contact him anymore.

Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Fritzkopf View Post
                        Hey,

I would like to let everyone know that a large group of documents which belonged/(belongs) to Walter Schuck will be auctioned at Andreas Thies' .

I find this rather strange because Herr Schuck is still with us.

the documents are listed under number 821 with an estimated value of 7500 € .

http://www.andreas-thies.de/onTEAM/g...46_193_224.pdf

Perhaps Walter Schuck did like Gunther Rall who has decided to sell his stuff in auction (Andreas Thies).

Pierre

Comment

I remember also that the son of Theodor Wisch wrote me once that
                          over the years, people had stolen or exchanged original medals with
                          reproductions...it's a shame and disgrace.

That's a classic and I give you a name. If a Walter Wolfrum grouping comes on day on the market (medals and documents) it's just a bunch a fakes and if they aren't fake the owner is the guy who has stolen them. Walter Wolfrum complained and wanted his items back. The stealer (identified by him: the guy who proposed him to frame his medals and documents...) has answered him that it was impossible as he already had sold them.

Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                            Perhaps Walter Schuck did like Gunther Rall who has decided to sell his stuff in auction (Andreas Thies).

Pierre

Schuck did sell all of his things a number of years ago...

Comment

Topp had his award document stolen, among others. The emotional effect on many vets is terrible. Worse are those, typical of many dealers, who offer an embarrassing fraction of value for veteran items. $100 for a $5000 item is common with the perpetrators bragging or having no conscious thought of their overly greedy conduct. 1 German Cross holder I know had a visitor and asked to see the award. While making coffee a fake was switched for it. Simple greed.

As a non-collector I always made Waffen-SS vets aware to some degree of the high value of such items, in addition to a premium collectors have for SS compared to other services.

It's the same as the pond scum who steal funeral ribbons from grave sites immediately after a funeral. I saw one such item for sale on WAF in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark C. Yerger View Post
                                Topp had his award document stolen, among others. The emotional effect on many vets is terrible. Worse are those, typical of many dealers, who offer an embarrassing fraction of value for veteran items. $100 for a $5000 item is common with the perpetrators bragging or having no conscious thought of their overly greedy conduct. 1 German Cross holder I know had a visitor and asked to see the award. While making coffee a fake was switched for it. Simple greed.

As a non-collector I always made Waffen-SS vets aware to some degree of the high value of such items, in addition to a premium collectors have for SS compared to other services.

It's the same as the pond scum who steal funeral ribbons from grave sites immediately after a funeral. I saw one such item for sale on WAF in the past.
                                It doesnt get much lower than that. I am lost for words to describe the extent of my disgust towards these thieves.

these people should be named whenever possible imo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X