X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nidhøggr View Post
    Yes, he moved away from Frankfurt.
    He moved away to Berlin????

Is he all fine? His wife was strubbling with health.

Perhaps a reason?

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by mdj View Post
      He moved away to Berlin????

Is he all fine? His wife was strubbling with health.

Perhaps a reason?

Martin
      Good morning Martin!

He wrote me this in a letter in January.
      They move to Berlin because their two sons live there.
      He said they don´t want to be alone in Frankfurt.

Comment

Well, after two months of house repairs I am finally back. Alas I see that I also have more work to do with the list.

I am also saddened to learn of the passing of both Dr. Eberhard Zahn and Sepp Allerberger. Once again, we learn that time waits for no man.

Rest In Peace,
        Andrew

Comment

Was asked to list this information which a member received from the latest issue of "Das Ritterkreuz"

Oberstlt. Engelbert Bockhoff +26 Jan 2010
          Oberstlt. Karl-Heinz Knollmann +02 Feb 2010

Andrew

Comment

Good morning Martin!

He wrote me this in a letter in January.
            They move to Berlin because their two sons live there.
            He said they don´t want to be alone in Frankfurt.
            Danke Richard....

would be time for a visit to Berlin.....One of my favourite cities.

Saw yesterday also a documenatry about Berliner Rochus Misch (Inside Hitlers Bunker)...Very interesting.

martin

Comment

Hello All:

Fairly new to this site and spent quite a while going through this thread yesterday. Some excellent research going on about a fascinating subject.

I want to report something which I am trying to confirm. A friend of mine in Germany is in contact with the wife of a former shipmate of Georg Lassen and he says that Lassen died 2 or 3 years ago in Majorca. He is looking to see if he can find the letter that mentioned his passing.

With the knowledge out there in this forum I'm sure someone else may be able to confirm or deny this before I get a response!

Holger

Comment

Originally posted by Holger Handke View Post
                Hello All:

Fairly new to this site and spent quite a while going through this thread yesterday. Some excellent research going on about a fascinating subject.

I want to report something which I am trying to confirm. A friend of mine in Germany is in contact with the wife of a former shipmate of Georg Lassen and he says that Lassen died 2 or 3 years ago in Majorca. He is looking to see if he can find the letter that mentioned his passing.

With the knowledge out there in this forum I'm sure someone else may be able to confirm or deny this before I get a response!

Holger
                Two or three years ago?

I find that a little hard to believe. Surely the OdR or Uboat.net would have noticed a passing of such a distinctive Eichenlaubträger...

Comment

Originally posted by JulioMoc View Post
                  Two or three years ago?

I find that a little hard to believe. Surely the OdR or Uboat.net would have noticed a passing of such a distinctive Eichenlaubträger...
                  I was not trying to start any rumours and that's why I posted as I did. I figured a source that had been in touch with Lassen would probably know and I am attempting to confirm. Certainly the experts on this thread should e able to confirm. At the same time I don't believe I saw a mention of anyone having been in contact with him when I read through the thread. I guarantee I would much rather be proven wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Holger Handke View Post
                    I was not trying to start any rumours and that's why I posted as I did. I figured a source that had been in touch with Lassen would probably know and I am attempting to confirm. Certainly the experts on this thread should e able to confirm. At the same time I don't believe I saw a mention of anyone having been in contact with him when I read through the thread. I guarantee I would much rather be proven wrong.
                    I wasn't accusing you of that... sorry if sounded that way.

I think that there are some guys here who wrote him in the past 2 or 3 years.

Comment

Well, Georg Lassen. One year ago he answered my letters.
                      So he was alive.
                      But: I wrote him again last month and after three weeks i got my letter back with the spanish information: unknown.

Now i don´t know didn´t he accept my letter or did he passed away.

Comment

Well, Georg Lassen. One year ago he answered my letters.
                        So he was alive.
                        But: I wrote him again last month and after three weeks i got my letter back with the spanish information: unknown.

Now i don´t know didn´t he accept my letter or did he passed away.
                        OK, thanks, I know as I get older my perception of time gets worse so the 2 or 3 years is obviously an exaggeration but at least it is narrowed down a bit. I will continue to follow up in case my friend can find his correspondence...Holger

Comment

I also had contact with Georg Lassen within the last year, however i sent a letter before Christmas and i have had no reply as yet...

Comment

Front Page Update - 02 May 2010

Thanks to our forum mod Simon, the list on the first page has been updated.

Andrew

Comment

Thank y'all fer the update. Sad...the number's been split in half since the ffirst post...

God bless those who've move on...and those that have to deal with the numerous letters arriving at their doorstep.

Comment

Heinz Wilde

Any one any Idea, what is up with Mr. Heinz Wilde?

I have a adress, but I´m not sure, if it is the right one.

Can someone be from help please?

Regards

Ralf Anton

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X