Comment

Errata pages 5 and 6

Pages 5 and 6
      Attached Files

Comment

Errata pages 7 and 8

Pages 7 and 8
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Norm F; 08-27-2013, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Norm,
          Thank you for posting this information. It is of tremendous value to the collector.

And also thanks to the authors, Weber and Skora, for continuing to add to their already published volumes and "tweek" the information. When first published they were superior to anything else out there and this just adds to their value as a collector's tool. I know I have shelves and volumes of reference books that have been published with errors and once published no effort is made by the author(s) to add to or make corrections. Many wind up with corrections penciled in the margins.

And last, thank you to all the collectors who have shared their collections and knowlege in order that this information could be brought to the rest of the collecting community.

I may be biased but I still think KM collectors are the best group out there.
          JAndrew

Comment

Originally posted by JAndrew View Post
            And also thanks to the authors, Weber and Skora, for continuing to add to their already published volumes and "tweek" the information.
            As the publisher of the three volumes I have to make a correction here. The complete (!) Volume III as well as this errata table was the sole idea and diligent work of John Robinson and Norm Franke. There is no similiar corrections taken place for the original German edition in Germany. We have offered the material but there seems to be no interest.

Dietrich
            B&D PUBLISHING
            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Dietrich, thank you for pointing that out.

JAndrew
              Last edited by John R.; 08-27-2013, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JAndrew View Post
                Dietrich, thank you for pointing that out.

JAndrew
                Hi JAndrew,

No worries. In the end it's all a group effort "by the people, for the people", the collective database of years of research and posting by dedicated collectors. Weber/Skora indeed produced an excellent foundation upon which to build and expand for the English edition and followup volume, and it's been a pleasure collaborating with John and Dietrich to bring the project to fruition. In the end what matters is that we all get a relatively comprehensive reference text that reflects the latest thinking in the collecting community, that serves existing collectors and also inspires new collectors to "hit the ground running"!

Power to the Hobby!

Best regards,
                ---Norm
                Last edited by Norm F; 08-28-2013, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Thanks for that errata section Norm and John, I have to get some nice paper and print it out.

Comment

The pdf is now ready for download at the B&D Publishing website in the download section.

Dietrich
                    B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

correction to page 90 of Volume III

For those of you with Volume III, here is a small correction to page 90 on the FLL-attributed Destroyer. Under "Badge Material" it should say Tombak, not zinc (change marked in blue font).

Best regards,
                      ---Norm
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Norm F; 09-18-2013, 07:36 PM.

Comment

What a great looking book! Must buy it one day.

Comment

Only Volume I and II is still available, Vol. III is sold out!
                          B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

The best reference books for Kriegsmarine awards, IMO!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X